I love being able to document the funny conversations that the kids have because I know I will forget the little details. So today as we were coming home from shopping Ayden said the following:
A little background: It's a 'rule' that Tate gets into the car first (because he sits in the middle between Ayden and Devon) and therefore Ayden gets out of the car first. The other day Tate got out first, which of course caused a big ruckus.
Tate: "I'm going to get out first. Just kidding!"
Ayden: (very seriously) "Tate, why did you get out first the other day?"
T: "I didn't."
A: "Yes you did. Not that day or that day or that day or that day or that day but that day. Why did you get out first that day?"
T: "Huh?"
You would think that she was pointing to a calendar or something as she said this but no, we were just getting out of the car. "Huh?" was my response also.
After we were in the house the kids sat down at the table and were happily coloring in their coloring books when this conversation happened:
Tate: "Mom, I know what I'm going to be thankful for next Thanksgiving."
Me: "Oh, what?"
Ayden: "Chicken?"
T: "What?"
A: "I think you're going to be thankful for chicken."
T: "No, not chicken. You're supposed to be thankful for things you have that you can have fun with, so I'll be thankful for my toys."
A: "But we have chicken!"
Apparently chickens are automatically fun, AND we have some. Ergo: be thankful for chicken.
Blogging Much!?!
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment