As every parent knows, there is no such thing as a closed door. Especially the bathroom door. So one morning, a very exhausting morning, where little sleep was had and the hour of wake-up time was before even birds consider polite, we had that open door policy. I was (attempting) to use the restroom, when both of my children burst in and stood at my knees chattering on about, well I don't know what they were chattering about, I was too tired. Anyway, in a feeble attempt to find some peace for a few minutes I told them, "I just need a moment to myself, please." I mumbled this to them several times while gently encouraging them to head out the door. Ayden did ok, eventually toddling out and finding things to get into that I should have been worried about but I was too tired. Tate, however, protested until a rather high-pitched plea came from my mouth: "Please, I just need a moment!" He paused and looked at me, then said, "Mommy, you need a moment?" I said yes, relieved that maybe in some small way he understood. Instead he went over to our drawer that has our things in it and started pulling them out one by one. He held up deodorant: "Mommy, is this your moment?" "No" Gel: "Mommy, is this your moment?" "No honey" Toothpaste: "Mommy is this your moment?" "No, honey, it's not".
Now, you can really tell how tired I was because after this parade of items I attempted to actually explain what I meant. I went on and on about a moment being time and time is intangible and needing peace and quiet, etc. He stood and looked at me the whole time I was explaining and when I was through I asked, "Do you understand?" That is the point when he walked away.
Blogging Much!?!
10 years ago



1 comment:
Thanks for the laugh! You're such a great mom! I would have pushed mine out and locked the door! I loved the "at such an hour even the birds would consider impolite!" YOU SHOULD write a book!
Post a Comment