Profile for amdywyman

Friday, May 16, 2008

Been a while . . . Again!

I know it's been several weeks since I've last posted something. Just been busy, busy, busy!! We have purchased a building, almost completely done too! We just have lease negotiations left. We closed on the 30th of April. Andy has run in his first race of this year (planning at least one triathlon too!). My friend that I have known since junior high visited on April 26, which was great because the last time I saw her was Tate's 1st birthday and now he's almost 3!

May 5 my cousin, Stephanie and her son Hunter came to visit while she was still on maternity leave. It was so great to have her here and it was amazing to see how much Hunter has grown since we saw him last. We had a lovely mother's day, Andy went fishing with James and his brothers and Holley and I decided to take the kids camping. Here are a few pics to go along with all that has gone on:

James and Andy warming up for the Eagle Run 5K they did on April 26. Andy's night before comments were "My goal is to keep up with James. If I do that I'll be fine."Excited to be racing again. Was a pretty small race which was kind of nice for a participant and spectator.And off they go!You may wonder why I got such poor pictures of my husband. Well since Andy kept saying "I just want to keep up with James" I kept expecting to see them together or James in the lead. Then all of a sudden I see Andy but no James. It took me by surprise and I wasn't ready with my camera fast enough, so I got a far away pic and when he's already run past.


Then I notice James shortly there after. We were relieved that he wasn't hurt somewhere, which is actually what ran through our head. (Mostly because James' predictions the night before were something along the lines of "I can win this!")He looked a little pained. Found out he hit a great big wall, and the visions of winning went out the window.


After the race was Hollend Happening, which includes a parade. These are of Tate looking down the road to see what was coming. He was so excited to see all the fire trucks, police cars and horses. The candy was nice too! There was a little girl behind us and her parents called her back from getting any more candy. Tate obviously felt sorry for her because he continued to pick up candy and ran back to give it to her. The little girl's mom smiled and asked me if he was too little to have candy, but really he was just being a sweetheart.
This is what Ayden was doing for at least half of the parade. She even slept through the fire and police trucks with their sirens.




This is my glamour girl. Ready for the paparazzi.





No more pictures please!

This is my real glamour girl, before the glamour.

If you notice she has a cheerio on her nose.


It is vital to get every last drop.


Here is my cousin's son Hunter with Ayden's glasses on. He looked so hilarious.
Notice the great milk belly?

Ayden still adores any babies. Here she is holding Hunter.

On mother's day I got breakfast in bed, a new Garmin 405 to help me with my triathlon training and a great brunch with Holley, James, Grant and James' parents. We only have one picture because I forgot my camera in the hurry to get out the door. Thankfully James' mom had her camera and she took one of us, so I'll post if as soon as I get a copy. What a wonderful day!

Ok, I am so disappointed but this is the only picture I got of anything when Holley and I took the kids camping last night. We went to Deception Pass State Park and set up a couple of tents, cooked hot dogs and had smores. Had a great time, although I feel like I made the trip to the bathroom a million times. This morning (the kids were very tired because they got to bed very late and decided to get up very early (Grant got up around 5:40 after getting to bed around 11:00 or so!) Tate was tired and had enough of the automatically flushing toilets that were close to our camp site, so he would only pee when he had to go, which resulted in our first accident since he has started potty training. I don't think the automatic toilets would have been such an issue if he hadn't been so tired.
The kids had a great time running around and playing while we set up camp. Little did we know that while we were setting up the boys were playing in tree sap. Tate didn't have too much on his hands so they were fairly easy to clean but Grant, our dear messy, messy Grant, has his hands covered in it. He would close his hands and they would stick closed. Thankfully he takes it so well and he didn't complain. I had to soap, scrub, soap, scrup, soap, and scrub (only with my hands) until they came clean while Holley got the fire started. Needless to say there was a rule in place about playing with sap after that incident.
Notice that Ayden has her mouth as wide open as possible? This is what she does when she wants a bite of something. She thought the camera was something to eat. I promise that the kids were fed immediately after this picture was taken.



I wish we had gotten more pictures! Today is a gorgeous day and we had taken a hike to the bottom of Deception Pass bridge. We were hoping to go up to the bridge or even farther but the kids had had enough. We barely made it back to the campsite without having to carry all three of them!


I will try to keep up at least one post a week (that's my goal anyway) but we have a lot coming up, so I will do my best.
Almost forgot! Ayden will be 15 months old tomorrow and this is a little update of what she is doing:
She tells me now when she has pooped in her diaper (gives me high hopes for potty training!)
She now has eight teeth (took her long enough to get the lastest two, hope it doesn't take as long to get any more)
She says 'please'(spoken and sign) 'thank you'(in sign), mommy (spoken), daddy (spoken), milk and more (sign) More that I've forgotten I'm sure. She is doing great!
She is a big flirt that will smile and tilt her had at you to get your attention (so very cute!)
Overall is a very happy baby that is a great addition to our family.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute pictures! It cracks me up to see you guys in pants and jackets - we are sweating it out down here and the boys have been in the pool every day this past week. What a difference a couple thousand miles makes... You girls are brave to take three little ones camping! Bet it was lots fun. Take care and keep writing!