Profile for amdywyman

Sunday, October 11, 2009

More Harvesting

Luckily almost everything I've attempted to grow has really taken off. Just a few more things that have happened while I've been on blogging hiatus.

We have gotten cucumbers and they were delicious!

Our dill grew huge after a questionable start. We dried it and are ready to put it into jars.
Yellow squash, zucchini, and beans. And then more zucchini and yellow squash and then more, and more, and more and more and more and more. . .well you get the drift. Truly, right now I probably have at least 30 two cup bags of shredded zucchini in my freezer. And even more true is the fact that I really don't want to see another zucchini or yellow squash for quite a while.
This is the zucchini that weighed more than my son at birth. This 'baby' as we like to call it here weighed in at just over 7 lbs and yielded 18 cups of shredded zucchini - most of which went into making zesty zucchini relish which is a huge hit over here.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

That is one LARGE "baby"
I never knew that is what dill looked like. So, what will you be planting next year?

Boagie (Janice) said...

So proud of you with your first year of gardening, harvesting, canning & freezing under your belt. It is AMAZING everything you can do. I'll have to get your relish recipe... sounds delicious. The pictures were great. And speaking of babies, I guess I'll be calling you ?!?!

Steph said...

Holy cow, 18 cups of shredded zucchini? That is crazy. What a nice yield you had from your garden. I really admire how you have done all the canning,drying, freezing, etc.

Carrie said...

Wow! You r amazing!!! I would never be motivated enough to handle 2 kids and do all that gardening and canning!!
Great job!