Profile for amdywyman

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm a Little Snowflake

Icy and round,
I fall from the sky
And I don't make a sound.

When it's cold
I stay all day.
And when it's warm
I melt away. . .

Yesterday it started very lightly and I was so excited to tell the kids. As soon as they saw the snow the both got excited and exclaimed: "It's Christmas!" After a little explanation about when Christmas comes I started to tell them about how the snow usually doesn't stick around in our neck of the woods. I really know how to kill a mood, let me tell you. :)


So with the thought that the snow wouldn't stick (as is usual) we left to take Tate to school. Twenty minutes later the snow was sticking to the ground. After I dropped Tate off the girls and I went grocery shopping and came out to a winter wonderland. After I started driving home I realized that I really should have just stayed home today. Especially after it took me a 1/2 hour to drive approximately a quarter mile.
While driving was a mess, and we ended up having to pick up Andy from work and bring him home (because he drives a small truck and we live up on a hill), the best place was to just sit at home and watch the snow from under a blanket with a cup of hot cocoa.

The end result of this lovely Monday was quite a bit more snow than predicted (they said 0 to 1" for our area), crazy winds that pounded the house all night, a small earthquake that we didn't even feel, and waking up to frozen roads and freezing temperatures.

Welcome back winter!

1 comment:

Boagie (Janice) said...

Isn't the first snow always the most beautiful? Too bad you had to travel in it.