Profile for amdywyman

Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Zoo Day

Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the sky was so blue and clear, the mountains looked like you could reach out and touch them, it was wonderful. So I decided to take the kids to the zoo. It was a perfect day to go to the zoo. The only issue was that it is spring break so I knew it would be busy, but it was just too beautiful to pass on spending the day outside. We had a great time. I put Ayden on the hippo that Tate is crawling on and she promptly got off. She was not in the mood to climb.
Tate, however, had no issues with it.
The one animal that Tate said he wanted to see was the elephants. Wouldn't you know that was one of the animals not really in view. We saw the trunk of one picking at a tree from quite a distance away. That was it. Thankfully he was still quite excited about seeing all of the other animals that he didn't mind too much.

They had a great time riding the carousel. Tate did not want to sit on a horse, but I got at least one picture of him on one, right at the end of the ride. He was on there for maybe 10 seconds.
As you can see Ayden wasn't too keen on being on a horse either. She lasted about 10 seconds also.

Eating snacks and peeking at the giraffes, ostriches and zebras.
Tate really liked climbing on the hippo.
A great time was had by all. The only issue was that it is really hard to take photos when you are by yourself!

1 comment:

Marion said...

The kids are sooo cute and getting too big! Even though I don't get time to look at blogs too often it's fun to see the pictures and read your adventures. Thanks for the moments!