Today when I went up to get Ayden up from her nap she tilted her head to the side and gave me this little 'I just woke up' smile. When I picked her up she put her face into my neck, patted my back with one hand and played with my hair with the other. Happy and content to be with me and held be me. The feeling was so intense where I felt like she was racing away from me at light speed, that I just started crying. Crazy, huh?
I can't believe that she is going to be two in less than two weeks. I can remember finding out, the weekend of Tate's first birthday that I was pregnant again. In fact, I was so sure I wasn't pregnant that I took the pregnancy test and left it on the back of the toilet while it was deciding my fate. It was Andy who ended up looking at it and asking me "Why didn't you tell me?". I was so flabbergasted and amazed. Who knew?


I can remember being so unbelievable huge for this pregnancy, not watching what I ate as much as I did while pregnant with Tate and gaining WAY too much weight. I can remember the Saturday morning that my water broke. My mom was only in town until Monday, she had been at our house since Tuesday, and on Friday when I had an appointment with the doctor she said I was only dilated maybe 1 cm. That is NOT what I wanted to hear. I was already 8 days past my original due date and 2 past my adjusted due date. I wanted something to happen and my mom couldn't stay past Monday.
That next day after my doctor appointment I woke up around 8 a.m. and headed to the bathroom (is there really any other room you spend as much time in when you're pregnant?) and my water broke. Just. Like. That. I consulted with my mom, who agreed my water did break and then called the doctor. I wasn't sure if I should head in right away or wait because I wasn't really having contractions. The doctor assured me I should head in right away considering how fast my first labor was, and she was right, of course. My water broke around 8 and Ayden was born at 10:25 a.m.
Since we didn't know what we were having (boy or girl) I remember asking "What is it?" (like it was going to come out a bear cub or puppy) and when the doctor said girl I just couldn't believe it. It has been around 30 years since there has been a girl on Andy's side of the family. I really thought I would end up with all boys. But there she was, my little girl. Amazing.






So to my little girl:
When you are a teenager and think I am the dumbest person around I will try to remember when you held me tight, and when I do act like the dumbest person around just remember that I'm doing it because I am scared for you and want to get my point across. Please don't let anyone convince you to be anyone but who you are, be happy about the way you look, because (as much as I used to hate my mother telling me this) you are beautiful. Take chances and try new things, you'll (almost) never regret it. Be kind to others, and they will be kind to you. Most of all, your daddy and I love you so much!
Happy soon to be two!



6 comments:
Sniff, sniff
This is precious Amber thanks for sharing all the old pictures. She is such a cutie isn't she!
STOP THAT RIGHT NOW! You're making me sad!!! I had a "moment" with Zachary today too. He wanted me to hold him as he fell asleep. All the while, Mikie wanted me to come read with him and I just felt so torn and rushed through the most wonderful moments a mother has: holding her baby while they are still little. I chose to "drink him in" and just stood there smelling his little head and kissing his sleeping cheeks before puttng him down in his crib. Oh how I wanted to sit in that rocking chair and rock him through his whole nap. It was just one of those HANG ON TO EVERY MOMENT kind of days.
First of all, you are so lucky to have a 2 1/2 hour labor. And I am so lucky that I was home to watch Tate for you. Thank you for entrusting your son to us in those early times...I know it was hard for you then. I'm so glad she decided to make her entrance while your mom was there.
When I first glanced at that first picture of Tate touching your belly, I thought it was Mikie. Wow...I don't remember Tate's hair being so blonde.
Ayden Rose, we're so happy to share in your life. You are loved by so many people and blessed to be a part of a loving family. (Whenever you want to play princess: you just call Miss Tracy!)
I have to wipe my tears. Your sweet note to your lovely little daughter is so heart warming and sincere. She is such a beautiful girl and her personality says it all in the facial expressions she makes. Enjoy every minute with her. So glad you had a fast delivery and your mother was there to share it with you.
Sweet post, Amber! You know that I know how fast your children will grow up! Before you know it your little girl will be "29"! And how I wish I could go back and enjoy my little ones more than I did! We're always rushing them to grow up and go through that next step! I dreamt about Milo not long ago and in my dream he was about 10! I woke up teary eyed and really missed that little crazy boy! Now he's 31!
We all need to live in THIS moment because it's gone in a blink! With so many deaths in my family lately it's reminded me of just that! Love greater and put our loved ones needs above our own!
Thank goodness for families...I'm glad you're part of mine! Love you, SIL!
NOT FAIR...I didn't know this was a "bring tears to my eyes" post! I only talked myself off the edge by reminding myself that I should hate you for having a 2 1/2 hour labor...unfortunately you are too darn nice to hate...bugger! By the way I like reading your blog so I can jam to the music...doodoodoodoo
Ah, that was so sweet, it made me chock up! Why do they have to grow so fast! You're kids are just adorable, and Ayden is just beautiful. I'm so glad there is finally a Wyman girl. Aren't you lucky!
So for the thumb sucking. I got Malcolm some stuff called thum. I just asked the pharmacists for it. It is a bitter, a little hot stuff. Also, this part probably won't help you, but the dentist told me the last two times I had gone in, that he needed to quite by 5. So I just kept telling him that the dentist said he had to stop, or it would ruin his teeth. (That's probably not going to help since daddy's the dentist! He's always really concerned about the sugar bugs eating his teeth, so maybe that helped that part too.) Malcolm also had a blanket that he sucked his thumb with, and we took it away. I just talked to him about it a lot, especially that five year olds don't suck their thumb. Good luck, we still have Quinn to figure out too!
Post a Comment