Profile for amdywyman

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What My Children Say. . .

I am so lucky to hear out of my children's mouths the wonderful sayings that most of the time, people don't even realize they say. Here are the favorites around our house at this time:

"That's a good deal" - I fully accept responsibility for this little number. I have even discussed it previously. I have wondered where this saying came from and the other day when I was talking to my aunt on the phone she said it. So now I have someone to blame: my family. Yep I'm passing on the wonderful sayings to another unsuspecting generation.

"What the heck?" and "What?" - These are NOT my sayings and I will not be blamed or take credit for them. These come straight from the Steller household and my youngest especially likes to repeat over and over "What the heck?". One time she did it from town all the way home. It is a little bizarre and funny to listen to my not quite two year old say "What the heck?" which comes out sounding like "What ta heck?" which is the true and proper way to say it, right Holley?

So these are just a few around our house, what about yours? What wonderful things have you imparted to your kids that makes you cringe a little when you see/hear it?

3 comments:

Boagie (Janice) said...

Don't you just hate the way you say things without even noticing it? My family tells me I say "And that" while telling a story; I inherited this from my MOM. It's a hard habit to break; but I am trying very hard. At least your good deal is a pretty logical thing to say. I can just hear Ayden saying "What the heck?"

Carrie said...

Gunner has taken to saying "I don't think that's going to happen", when I tell him we are doing something he doesn't want to do. I couldn't figure out where he came up with it until I heard myself saying it to him when he was asking me to do something that I didn't want him to do! My other favorite is "oh, I FORGOT" when he doesn't do something I asked him to do...although you have to hear the voice he says it in, it is cute.

Tracy said...

Zachary seems to cry A LOT! He didn't really do it very much while you were here because of all the distractions, but mark my words the next day when the house was all too quite he screamed most of the day! Lately Mikie has been telling him "Zachary, stop all that fussing!" (Insert embarrased mommy face here) Then of course the impatients in my voice gets even worse when I ask Mikie something like "Do you want to go outside, or NOT!?" and as evidence from the halloween post he now says it "Do you have lollipops or not?" But my latest favorite said with his finger up to his chin "Hmm...let me think."