Profile for amdywyman

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Updates

I know that I have several things to blog about right now, but I'm just going to do some smaller updates on what is going on while I wait to receive some pictures. So here are just a few things that have gone on recently:

  • When I was putting Tate and Ayden down for a nap the other day Tate said, "Ayden I would like a kiss and a hug. Ayden I like you a lot. Did you know you are my favorite?"
  • On Saturday my kids were being awfully quiet upstairs while I was downstairs. I follow the singing I hear to my bathroom. They were both (with the door closed) sitting on the back of the toilet, singing, while Ayden unwrapped all of my tampons.
  • We drove down to my MIL house on Friday to talk to our accountant and pick up a bed for Ayden. That next morning she crawled out of her crib for the first time, quite proud of herself, and announcing, "Mom! I got out of my crib all by myself!" Talk about perfect timing on getting a bed.
  • I managed to fall off of my bike and bruise my knee pretty good yesterday when riding home from downtown Oak Harbor. We had such a nice ride there, then I ran undoubtedly my fastest 3 miles yet, and then started for home on our bikes when I couldn't get my foot out of the clips fast enough and tipped right over on the gravel. Luckily the worst was a nice bruise and a couple scrapes (ok, a little soreness too, but that's too be expected after landing on hard ground).
  • Ayden seems to be doing a great job of potty training. While we are around the house she is able to wear underwear and tell us when she has to go. We still have a ways to go, but it's a promising start.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Love the tampon unwrapping story..LOL. Sorry about your knee, but good job on the run!

Great job Ayden, keep it up...what a big girl!!
Thanks for the update!

Boagie (Janice) said...

Good job Ayden using the potty! You are such a BIG girl.

Funny story about the tampons...just think in a few years she will actually be using them...they grow up so fast.