Profile for amdywyman

Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Little Swimmers

On Thursday both Tate and Ayden have swim lessons. And I know I've mentioned it before, but I love their swim teacher, Lindsey. She is 17 or 18 (I can't remember which) and she just graduated from high school AND with an AA at Skagit Valley Community College. She is so sweet with the kids, plus she is our babysitter. She just recently informed me that she is going away to college in the fall. Good for her, very, very, very sad for us. :(

I know these are bad pictures, but I usually just have my phone with me, not my camera. Here are a couple of shots with Ayden. Lindsey has gotten her to go completely underwater to grab eggs and other prizes, not to mention she kicks and moves her arms so well I know that she will be swimming in the not too distant future.

Then Lindsey got Tate to go up on the diving block today.

She counted to three about five times, waiting for him to jump.
Then he said something to her, apparently it was that she needed to move a little farther away. .
and then he jumped!
I can't believe she got him to do it. This is how good a job she does. In just a few short weeks she has taken a little boy who hated to get his face wet and turned him into a beginner swimmer. So impressive!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Great job Ayden and Tate! Gunner is TERRIFIED to get his face wet, he has been in lessons for about 6 wks and is SLOWLY getting more comfortable (he finally stopped the strangulation hold on the teacher!). Jumping in is a big deal when you are afraid to go under...yeah Tate!

Boagie (Janice) said...

GREAT JOB TATE & AYDEN!!! I can hardly wait to see you again and maybe we can go swimming together :) We have a pond at our house. Have you ever swam in a pond?

Won't be long and they'll be going on Tri T's with you.