Profile for amdywyman

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Danskin Triathlon

Bright and early Sunday, August 16th (and by bright and early I mean that the race STARTED at 6:45 a.m.) we headed to Genesee Park in Seattle for the Danskin Triathlon. Sarah, Holley and I went down early and the guys followed a little later.

The kids on the ride into downtown Seattle:


The fun part was that they got to ride on a school bus to the race site!

Just a shot of all the bike and women running this race, (it is an all women race) and it ended up being around 4100 people, but far the largest race we've ever run.

Here I am, done with the swim and heading out on the bike. I really felt great and ran the whole transition from swimming to my bike (and it was quite a ways, around .5 mile, just for the transition!)

Here is Holley,and Sarah.

Part of our great cheering crowd.
Since we hadn't done this race before, my one and only goal was to get as far as possible before Holley caught up with me. (she started 6 minutes behind me) I did a pretty good job, she finally caught up with me at the very end of the bike.

Holley came in first with an amazing time of 1 hour 27 minutes 37 seconds. She managed to average 20 mph on her bike and 8:51 on her run. Way to go Holley!
Cheesing it up with Grant!
I managed to do a decent 1 hour 42 minutes 35 seconds. I managed to average 17 mph on my bike and 11:31 on my run, by far my best ever times for both of those!
Now we are cheesing it up because we know we are done and only vacation is ahead.
Here comes Sarah, finishing her first triathlon in quite a few years. She did a great job, finishing in 1 hour 57 minutes 4 seconds. She managed to average 14 mph on her bike and 11:50 on her run! Great job Sarah!!
Going over the race, but we all have smiles, so it was good!
3 successful triathletes!!
Next up: Lake Steven's Triathlon, our last tri of the year.

6 comments:

Holley said...

This sure did suck the weekend of! Now that I am looking back on it it seemed fun though!?!? uh oh
Great job to all of us! I like our complimenting colors in the last picture.

Boagie (Janice) said...

You girls are so impressive! Congrats to all. You sure have alot of energy for starting so early in the morning with travel time and all. I love the school bus pic the best...won't be long and the kids will be riding one everyday. (They are growing up so fast.)

Steph said...

Awesome job ladies!! Okay, and I have to ask, are the boys not in car seats anymore?

Holley said...

I have had Grant in a booster for several months. We have a built in booster in the Volvo that is rated at 33 lbs. Grant is over 40lbs now?!?! :)

Carrie said...

WOW! You girls are amazing...way to go!!! I have been inspired to get a jogging stroller by you all...although it will be run / walk for me! Thanks for being such an inspiration, it has really gotten me to the gym watching your awesome accomplishments!

Tracy said...

Ok, maybe you aren't posting comments on my pages because I haven't posted one on this one. I promise you I read it within days of you posting it and I was (I mean AM) so PROUD of you! I must have forgotten to comment or got distracted. Sorry :( Come back to my blog now, please :) I miss your comments. I feel disconnected from you.