Our garden is in, and boy is it ever producing! The largest plants, which are rapidly crowding out others in the garden are the yellow squash and zucchini. We have to go out there daily, sometimes even twice a day to check for more squash.
The kids are happy to show them off and let you see how big they get.




I am constantly looking for more zucchini recipes, so if you have any good ones, please send them my way!
4 comments:
Holy Cow! Those are huge! I was just wondering how your garden was growing ;-) Both my boys LOVE LOVE LOVE your green muffin recipe. We've been eating them for breakfast all week. THANKS :) Do you remember the zuchini/squash/tomato/onion casserole that I made and Andy liked? It's pretty easy. Just cut up all the above and put in dish, place butter on top, cover with shredded cheese, top with crushed croutons, cover with foil, bake for 45 minutes, uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
Yes, zuchini and squash plants do kinda take over but they are so good and plentiful. Glad your first garden is doing so great :)
Did you know that you can bread and fry the zuchini and they taste like moral mushrooms and you can make a mock apple pie with them. Mike is totally amazed at how a green vegetable can taste so different when prepared different ways. He said if we could make it taste like t-bone steak we could get RICH.
Holy veggies! My mom has a yummy zucchini coffee cake recipe that I have been meaning to get...I will pass it along! What is your green muffing recipe? Did you already post that...and thanks for the casserole idea Tracy!
Tracy stole the words right out of my head. "Holy cow. Those are huge!" Monster zucchini... I like to saute mine in a pan with onion, garlic, and diced tomatoes, and sometimes garbanzo beans.
Post a Comment