Profile for amdywyman

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lake Stevens Triathlon

This was the last triathlon of the season, and I was so thankful. I had just found out I was pregnant about a week and half before this and was already having morning sickness. The morning of the tri it was hard to stand up straight because I felt so sick. The thing was, nobody knew but Andy and we weren't telling, so I had to go on like nothing was happening.

Most of us did the sprint triathlon which was a .25 mile swim, 9.8 mile bike and a 3.1 mile run.

Here I am setting up.

Sarah also did this race (she is in the blue t-shirt right next to me).
This was Holley's first Olympic length triathlon, which means she did a mile swim, 24.1 mile bike and 6.2 mile run. Here she is out of the water in 36 minutes 21 seconds.
The kids sharing some love.
John (Sarah's husband) also did this tri. Here he is done with his swim at 12 minutes 59 seconds.
Here I am slowly walking out of the water. I couldn't seem to catch my breath on my swim and had a terrible time. I made it out in 12 minutes 52 seconds. Sarah (who was right behind me in this pic) finished the swim in 12 minutes 53 seconds.
Here we are at transition. Sarah told me to go ahead and not wait for her. I suppose it's a good thing I did because she did almost the whole bike with a flat tire because she ran over a sharp object.
John finished his bike with time of 37 minutes 25 seconds, his run in 31 minutes 47 seconds with an overall time of 1 hour 27 minutes 48 seconds.
Here I am coming in with a bike time of 39 minutes 4 seconds, a run time of 40 minutes 33 seconds and an overall time of 1 hour 36 minutes 9 seconds.

Here is Sarah finishing with a bike time of 53 minutes 12 seconds (flat tires REALLY slow you down), a run time of 38 minutes 57 seconds and an overall time of 1 hour 49 minutes 40 seconds.


Holley finished her first Olympic length with a bike time of 1 hour 29 minutes 25 seconds, her run in 1 hour 5 minutes 21 seconds with an overall time of 3 hours 12 minutes 45 seconds.
Here we are sharing congratulations on a great race and an end to triathlon season.
Successful triathletes!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Great job...you are my inspiration, preggers, feeling sick and still able to rally...awesome!

Tracy said...

I've run out of ways to say CONGRATULATIONS and GREAT JOB! I'm so proud of you for doing all this through your morning sickness.

Boagie (Janice) said...

Congrats to all. If I was you, I would have did a flu attack but you are too honest for anything like that. Way to keep up even with an owey tummy.