Towards the end of September we decided to enroll the kids in a soccer course. This wasn't a team, it was just a skills course that would get the kids used to kicking the ball, not using their hands and playing games. The kids liked it for the most part, although we did have some mutinies. (The reason Grant isn't in any of these pictures is because on the first day of soccer, which was of course the only time I brought my camera, he refused to play).



Sarah Beth was very enthusiastic.

Ayden really did a good job and seemed to enjoy it. She always got out there and did it although sometimes she insisted on holding our hand through the entire practice.

Tate also enjoyed it and had a good time. There was only one time (like Grant) that he absolutely refused to get out and play.

They both looked pretty cute out there in their shorts and shin guards (we couldn't find socks at that time so they had to do without on the first day).


The other day when we asked Tate and Ayden what sports they would like to play, Ayden said she wanted to be a runner and Tate said he liked soccer. Excellent!
3 comments:
So cute...and the funny thing about this age is that they all have at least one day where they refuse to play. Gunner spent a whole game sitting on my lap eating snacks because he saw Hudson doing it and decided that looked like more fun than soccer.
I like that your kids get to focus on learning the skills, they don't really get the whole game thing at this age anyway.
I was so sad that we didn't get to watch the kids play while we were there, but there was no way I was getting out in the freezing wind. The warm van may not have been a front row seat, but at least I could see Ayden and Grant practice and still feel my toes.
Ayden is so cute in her gear kicking the ball.
Loved the sports answer. I wished Ayden would have said a swimmer, cause she looked adorable in your googles.
Have fun with your athletic family.
Post a Comment