Profile for amdywyman

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wii-itis, Craft Day and other Fun things

So we finally got our Wii (ok, so it was mainly ME who wanted it). I don't know why I suddenly felt the need for it, but I did. Let me tell you folks, it was SO worth it! We have been having a blast with it! On one day when Andy and James had spent the entire morning completing the roof on the playset (It's done finally, pictures to come. It looks VERY professional), I called up Holley and suggested they come over to have some Wii play time while the kids took a nap. We put them down roughly 1:30-1:45 and started playing at 2. I think our quit time was roughly 10 p.m. that night. We played the ENTIRE time. We even got the kids involved in a running race game.

Here you can see Ayden and Grant's 'Miis' running together. (Mii (pronounced me) is what the characters are called that you can make look just like you. Very cute. Now when Tate sees the Miis on the screen he says 'there's daddy' or 'theres Ayden'.)

Grant is running on the mat which makes his Mii run too, but we had to help Ayden get the idea.
Grant won!
Here are Tate and Grant running. I'm so surprised that we even got this picture because Tate quit right after this was taken. He didn't like all of us yelling encouragement to him. Too much attention on him. So much my child.
All this playing is how you get Wii-itis. This is the soreness you get from playing the wii (because you mimic the sport specific movements). If you don't believe me just read about it in the New England Journal of Medicine. So much fun!

Here is just a random picture of Ayden. She put on the hat from her party and asked me to take her picture. Who could resist?
So this last Wednesday Sarah, Holley and I decided to have craft day. This is a day we get together, put the kids down for a nap and then work on finishing a chosen project. Could be card making, sewing, knitting, whatever needs to be done. For me this was not only an opportunity to work on a project but to make good food!! So here are a couple of the things I made:

Cashmere brownies. Oh, these were so good. I cannot tell you how good. Chocolatey with just a hint of mint. Yum. Yum. YUM!
Brioche. First time I ever made it and it turned out delicious. I also made your Sun Dried Tomato Torta, Tracy. I made a goat cheese version (because Sarah can't do regular dairy) and I think we liked it even better. Whatever version you try, the torta is delicious!

I love days to have excuses to make good food. If I make it on a regular day it just feels like I'm going to get fat. This way I share the fat . . um. . I mean. . the wealth. Yeah, the wealth.

Here is the brioche.
For one of the 'fun' things we had a freak snow storm last Wednesday/Thursday. This is what we woke up to on Thursday. Thankfully it was mostly gone by Thursday night. I was so NOT in the mood for snow. Warm weather is what I want!

3 comments:

Boagie (Janice) said...

Who ever knew you could have so much fun and stay fit at the same time with the Wii. Glad you big kids let the little kids play for awhile. ha,ha

What a cute little cowgirl!

The food looks so delicious, wish I was closer to share the wealth.

What's up with the snow??? A few months ago it was so beautiful and you enjoyed it so much, and now you want it to go away??? I totally agree with you..enough is ENOUGH! but we're used to it here.

Boagie (Janice) said...

Cute picture on your home page!

Tracy said...

Ok, I want the recipe for your revamped Torta. You have to have another one of those baking days when I'm visiting you. I love your recipes!

It'll be fun to try your Wii in May as well, but I hope I don't love it and want one too.

Cute picture of the kids with their babies.

We have 8 inches of snow here. Went sledding last night and had a blast. It's much prettier there when it snows with all the evergreens.