Yep. It's me. I'm broken. B-R-O-K-E-N!
Did you ever realize how if you look at a word long enough that it doesn't look like a word anymore? It looks wrong, and sometimes alien. Ok, that may just be me and my broken-ness. (I'm going to start making my own words now)
Today, for the second time in about two weeks I went to pick up Grant from school and I forgot the extra car seat. It's not like this is a new thing that I have to do. We do this Tuesday and Thursday EVERY week. How could I forget twice in so little time?
The only explanation is that I'm broken. The kids have finally taken my complete mental ability to function in polite society. And the saddest part about that is: they are only 2 and 3. I have many years ahead of me and I have no mental ability. In other words, I'm screwed. The patients are going to take over the asylum over here.
Thankfully both of those times there have been mothers from the school who have let me borrow their extra car seats so I am not stuck at the school for some length of time. I don't know what I would have done without their kindness.
Now I am on a mission to get my mental ability back. I know it must be still close to the house because I feel like I had not long ago. Anybody know where these things hide?
Blogging Much!?!
10 years ago



5 comments:
I have felt the same way many times since having kid #2. We've got too many balls juggling in the air. Look in the bottom of the toy box...doesn't everything end up there eventually? :)
See my comment for Steph's post...I am lucky I can function with the amount of brain power that has been lost! You r not alone, and if find out where I can find the lost brain cells, you better tell me!
At least I have a better excuse (alhemizers msp) comes with old age. Yes, I agree with Tracy on having too much on your plater. I admire ALL YOU YOUNG MOTHERS that do so much with your children. You can tell by how well behaved,cultured, smart and mature they all are. Just don't forget those kisses to the little ones and hubby and you'll be fine. Keep up the good work!!!
If you find your brain, could you check and see if mine is hiding next to it?? Thanks!
I think when you give birth you squeeze out a little part of your brain each time! AND YOU DON'T GET IT BACK! It's just gone! That's how I explain why I'm the way I am! And when you're kids get older, they just look at you like you're an alien or something! But one day....they'll be there, too! Hope your household is feeling better! Love you!
Post a Comment