While I bring my own bags to the grocery store, I always had this dilemma about what to do with all of those fruits and veggies. I didn't like putting them into the individual plastic bags, so then I would resort to just putting them into my cart without bags, but that wasn't great either because they went everywhere. So then my friend Sarah told me about how she uses a basket for her fruits and vegetables. She puts them in there as she buys them and then places them back in there after she's paid. It works beautifully!


A couple of bonuses: It also works great for purchasing items at the farmer's market and I also used it the other day for a picnic.
5 comments:
great idea Amber! my problem will be remembering to bring it into the store with me. I still have trouble with the reusable shopping bags...
I hate using all those plastic bags too, but what about all the YUCK that your veggies/fruits touch on the checkout belt or scale? Just a thought.
I use one of my "green" bags while I am shopping instead of the plastic bags.
T-isn't any worse than the yuck they touch on the way to the shelf / and all the customers picking over them...but good reminder to WASH all f & v thoroughly!!
Great idea! I am still trying to get use to carrying my bags in all the stores. The grocery store is no problem; but Wal Mart or the drug store is; so I put the items back in the cart bagless or carry them out in my arms...figured if I do this often enough, I will eventually remember at ALL the stores.(Boy am I ever wishful thinking...cause I forget a lot of stuff anymore.)
I've had that same dilemma, what a neat idea! Tracy's comment reminded me of one time I was purchasing strawberries at the grocery store. The clerk accidentally opened the carton and the berries spilled out all over the counter. I said I didn't want them anymore and (right in front of me) she put them all back in the package and gave them to a bagger to go put back on the shelf! You never know where that produce has been!
Post a Comment