Who is faster than a speeding bullet?
Who can leap tall buildings in a single bound?

(ok, they may run fast but Andy and James don't have that kind of vertical leap. Let's get real here people, only Superman can do that. Sheesh.)
Andy ran the marathon in 2 hours 47 minutes and 45 seconds, placing 16th overall and 4th in his age group. He beat some elite runners, beat his Seattle Marathon time by 16 minutes and was the first U.S. male to cross the finish line!
James ran it in 3 hours and 4 minutes, placing 64th overall and 16th in his age group. Not only did he beat is personal record by over 30 minutes but he qualified for Boston!
We have some lightning fast runners over here on Whidbey Island, folks.
For a little fun I present to you a study in personalities. Do you remember high school? Come on, I know most of you out there are younger than I am. Tax those brain cells.
Do you remember the quiet, studious athlete who always seemed to do well? Do you ever wonder what they would be like running a marathon?
They hear their rabid fans cheering, give a little wave, a little smile. . .
but they keep concentrating on their run. . .
stay focused and. . .
continue to run at lightning speed.
Now do you remember the class clown? The one that did well in school but always had a appropriate (or should that be INappropriate) comment when the moment called. The one who is always goofing around? Do you ever wonder what they would be like while running a marathon?
They would hear their rabid fans yelling and start doing this. . .
and this. . .
and this. . .
and the all important shot. . .(do you notice the other runner? He is laughing the whole time)
then as he passes his fans. . .
Here they both are post-race analyzing the race and how it went.



6 comments:
So cool...great job guys...love the "hamming it up" pics!
Maybe I will try to meet you guys in Boston and cheer!! (any excuse to travel really)
Great report and photos. Thanks :)
Amber you captured James true "essence" just perfectly. Thanks for the funny report!
I am literally crying from laughing so hard at your blog. I actually started moving to fast when I checked my watch while hamming it up for the photo. Night and day difference from Seattle where I was trying not to die or throw up on my own shoes at the same point in the race!
Thanks for acknowledging me in the same sentences as Andy's superhuman accomplishment. I relish beating my own records knowing I will always be at least second! We do the same workouts...why don't we place the same? At least I get to say I train with a pro athlete! James
So funny! Great post! Loved your comments. I'm glad we'll be cheering on both of the guys in Boston next year. Can't wait! When will I be seeing you in a marathon?
Congrats to both guys! Can't wait to hear how Boston goes. Your writing was so great, thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment