Profile for amdywyman

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cereal, cereal, and more cereal

Cereal has become a problem in my house. I know that sounds weird but Tate is absolutely obsessed with cereal, Crispix and Kix being his favorites. He wants to eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner. In fact, last night we had quite a to-do about him wanting Kix instead of the dinner I made. He ended up going to bed without dinner because he refused to eat it, he just kept wanting Kix. So this morning we had a talk about the fact that cereal is for breakfast and breakfast only and is not even an option for any other meal of the day. It just made me realize the crazy conversations I have now that I stay home full-time: The Great Cereal Debate of 2008.




Ayden's one year birthday was on Sunday. I can't believe that she is one already! It is so hard to believe, it is just crazy to think about. Now Lynn has had her baby, close to Ayden's birthday and seeing him just reminds me of how big she really is. Here are some pictures of her on her birthday:

She loved her cake and dug into it after I showed her it was truly edible. This is contrasted by Tate who ate his first birthday cake with a spoon.

Here are the shots of the kids with their 'white rabbit' ears. (It was supposed to be a Alice in Wonderland theme) We also got to meet our new addition Kaiden (He's my brother's little boy).

The kids started dropping like flies for this photo. This one of Grant is perhaps my favorite of the group photos. He was not happy about the flamingos being taken away. We made the classic rookie mistake of attempting to take picutes at the end of the party rather than the beginning. At least they were all still clean!

2 comments:

Marion said...

Shaila's boys went through a "only wanting cereal" phase. With Dane, it was oatmeal! But I'm the soft "GraMimi" and tell the girls to let them eat it! At least they're eating! You tend to realize after your kids are gone that those little struggles are just that...little struggles and they grow up eating normally. Happy Birthday, Ayden! From you neglectful Aunt Mimi! We still love you lots!

Steph said...

I love the pictures of Ayden - she is such a beautiful little girl! You must be one proud mama!
Now, the cereal thing. I was reading that to my mom and sister and they both just laughed and said "She's got a husband who's home every night"... I can't even begin to count how many times we've had cereal or oatmeal for dinner when Dave's not home. Heck, I'm thrilled if Calvin says he wants cereal - after all, its pretty healthy and you can always mix his favorite with a high fiber cereal or throw in some flax seed to make it even better. I'm with Aunt Mimi - at least they're eating!