Here I am in the morning, don't I look ready?Testing the water temperature. The lake temp was in the low 70's, so it was a great day for a dip in the lake. The temperature outside was in the 90's, which made for a warm tri, but a beautiful day!
Still looking ready. I am marked with my number, 807 and was still thinking about how I was supposed to start 10 minutes ahead of Holley. (too many people to start everyone at once, so they start each wave 5 minutes apart, usually separated by age group) I was hoping I could keep up my lead on Holley at least until the run, but you will see she really kicked my butt.
Getting our lovely swim caps on, purple for my wave and red for hers.
Aren't the kids so cute? Look at those boys protecting Ayden!
Two things I am happy about: I finished the entire thing in (just) under 2 hours with a time of 1 hour 58 min. 29 seconds and that I didn't come very last in my age group (like I did in my first tri). So, some improvement made (or at least we're going to say that so I feel some sense of accomplishment).
Here we are, happy that the race is done. It was a little hard getting up after this picture was taken. You should have seen the boys cheering, it was so cute. I will never forget coming in for the last part of my run Tate saying "Go, Mommy, Go!" and "Good job, Mommy!" It was great.
Look under Holley's blog to see her times and how she did. She did fabulous, just like I knew she would!
Success! Another tri under my belt and (at least) two more to go. Also in two weeks my mom and I are going to do an Urban Adventure Trek around downtown Seattle. I am so excited!



1 comment:
Hey, you are finishing triathlons and that is something to be VERY proud of!! I'm proud of you - wish I was there to join you guys!
Post a Comment