Yes, I caught them reading! Both of them had gotten books from their rooms and climbed up on my bed to read. I think they get this from me, because I do this on the rare occasion that they let me. What a nice way to find the kids. I loved it.
Tate just got his last birthday present which was a fish. Right now we have one, and he is a white molly named Whitey. Tate really loves him so far and is very diligent about feeding him, waking him up (turning his light on) and putting him to bed (turning his light off). Last night Tate complained that when he turned Whitey's light off, Whitey wasn't going to sleep like he was supposed to.
Tate is going to start preschool in the fall. It feels a little weird even thinking about sending him, but I thought it would be ok for two reasons: Grant is going to go too, and I know the teacher who owns the preschool. I used to sub for her on many occasions and I know how she teaches, which makes me confident that this school will be good for him. He will be starting out at two days a week, 3 hours a day, so really not all that much. It will still be a little sad.
Ayden is an independent girl and has her own opinions. Sometimes I can't believe that she is only 16 months old. She seems like she can do so much, even more than Tate could do at this age, but that might just be my faulty memory. She loves to play outside, loves to follow Tate around (and Grant too, when he is over), and wants to do whatever the boys are doing, having, or playing. She is talking more and more each day. Just a few of the words she can say: please, thank you (sign), Mommy, Daddy, 'what's that?', 'all done', yum, Tate (comes out more Tet), poopoo (In fact, she just came up to me and told me she went poopoo. That might be too much information, but I am just amazed that she does it at all. Tate definitely never did that at this age!)
We are planning to have some fun this weekend as it will be one of the only ones this month that we will be at home. Andy and James are going to run in a fun run down in Coupeville on Friday morning. Then we will have a BBQ with the Stellers, along with games (of course!!), although they may be inside because it is supposed to rain. Then off to fireworks! This will be the first year I have gone to fireworks since the kids have been born! Yikes, that is way too long.



No comments:
Post a Comment