Profile for amdywyman

Monday, February 1, 2010

A bit of insight. . .

You know how sometimes your child says or does something and you realize it sounds just like you or your spouse, or when a friend's child does something that sounds just like their parents? Today I got to have a little James riding in the back of my car.

The conversation went a little something like this:

Tate: "Grant, did you know that trees are VERY strong?"

Grant: "Not as strong as me!"

T: "No, trees are stronger."

G: "No, I'm stronger. I could push them over."

T: "Only maybe if the tree wasn't in the ground very well. Maybe then you could push one over."

G: "I am SO strong I can push over ANYTHING!"

T: "Nope. Not a house."

G: "I think I could."

At that point Tate changed the conversation.

4 comments:

Holley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holley said...

Oh my goodness did that make me smile! That is so like James. Thanks for sharing this funny little story. Always wonder what things pop out of their mouths around other people and you give me a chance to know what!

Boagie (Janice) said...

Cute. I like the way Tate changed the subject knowing he wasn't going to win...such a smart boy.

What's that old saying "Like Father, Like Son" ;p

Nice to know that if a tree ever falls on your carpooling, you have a super hero to help you out.

cmsteller said...

That's my wonderful grandson. How terrific to not be five and yet have all that confidence and self esteem. What a great little boy.
Thanks for sharing Amber :)