I always have just one more thing to add to my list. Most of the time the list is constantly running in my head, which means nothing ever really gets crossed off, which means nothing really gets done. Every once in a while I write the list down and I cross things off to feel a sense of accomplishment. Most everything that I need to do constantly needs work, so I can never really cross it off my never ending list! And I always seem to add that one more thing to my already large and too long list!
Finally, after much hype and expectation, my daughter had her 'Purple Party'. I don't even know how she came up with this theme. It was just one day, out of the blue (or purple, as the case may be) she announced, "I'm going to have a purple party!" So I took the idea and ran with it. I have to say that it was my favorite party she's had so far. Everything looked pretty festive and purple, and while I think it could have been even MORE purple, everyone who showed up was quite impressed with the 'purpleness' of the party.
The kids reactions to the decorations:
Our dining room decorated.The cupcake tower with purple cupcakes and purple butterflies made of white chocolate. Cake balls done in purple, of course! Purple balloons make for happy kids. Before our party started we spent 1 1/2 hours at the pool playing. We rented out the entire pool so we had everything to ourselves for our little party. It was a lot of fun, but the only clear picture we got of the whole event was this one and it's not even of the birthday girl. (My MIL does not know how to work our camera!) Streamers between the dining room and living room which the kids love to run through. I took this idea from Tracy. The food! It originally was going to be all purple (or as purple as I could get the food) but Boagie (that is Tracy's mom to anyone who doesn't know :) tried out coloring some food purple and she said it looked pretty unappetizing, so I scrapped the whole purple food idea and just made good food. We had mac n' cheese (my daughter's fave), banana bread, cole slaw, sweet smokies, pesto torta, apple goat cheese salad, fresh fruit, lasagna, purple m & m's, purple dipped oreos, cake pops and cupcakes! I had a lot of trouble finding purple cups for the party (one's with lids because I don't trust a group of kids with drinks IN my house) so they got sippy cups. Getting ready to blow out the candles. Yes, that is my belly in the background! Blowing out the candles that were purple with a purple flame. Loving the cake pops! They are quite the hit around here. One of Ayden's presents was a purple feather boa (from my mother. Thanks mom. And yes, that is sarcasm. We have had purple feathers all over the house from this boa.) The kids were snuggling up together with it. The crew at the party. Trying out some of her presents. She looks like quite the little diva. This was a cape that Sarah made for Ayden's birthday, so that the girls could play little red riding hood. All in all a great day. We had fun and a lot of thanks to my mom and cousin Stephanie who came over to enjoy and help with the party!
You can plan my birthday anytime! Cake on a stick, what could be better then that! I love the belly by the way!! Don't be to excited to get rid of it...my belly of flappy skin is way less cute!
Happy 3rd Birthday Ayden!!! You are so cute in your purple dress. Mommy did a wonderful job on your party. Wish I could have been with you, maybe someday.
LOVE IT!!! Everything was so purple & cute! Was a great party. Especially loved the butterfly cupcakes & holder...looked like they were getting ready to take off & fly. The menu sounded delicious, but what does one expect from an excellent cook like you. (You've got a cute baby belly.)
So sorry about the camera situation. Technology just has us old grandmas at a loss sometime.
I'd have to agree from the pictures that this does look like her best party yet. Great job! You didn't take a picture of the party favors. I'm sure they were mostly all purple. Right? Can you believe she's 3? WOW! Again, I can't open your video. :(
PRETTY GOOD!!!! Love the way said Ayden said it ;) The video was great with the kids running through the purple streamers...what fun! Sure hope Andy was the one on the chair or ladder hanging the crepe paper cause you sure had a lot (each room)(was there some in the bathroom also?!?) Maybe she'll ask for a GREEN party next year, ha,ha.
"Mom! There is a grumbling storm!" - Tate at Rainforest Cafe when the lightning and thunder started.
"I want Heart to Heart!" - This is from Ayden. Every morning. Every. Morning. (heart to heart is a type of kashi cereal)
"Look at all the snow! We have to get our Christmas tree out!" - Tate said this on our last day in Virginia, the only day it snowed while we were there.
"Mom, I'm growing into a dragon." or another variation, "Mom, when will I grow into a dragon?" Tate has lately had a dragon obsession. Don't know where it came from, but he believes that we will all grow into dragons. He even asks Andy and I when we will grow into dragons.
"I want to have fun with Jack" Tate - Sad, so sad. Get back here right now, Lynn!!!
"We have bones, not batteries. Right mom?" Tate after a discussion on the bones in our bodies.
"Mom, the moon has a light in it's belly" - Tate while we were driving home one evening.
4 comments:
You can plan my birthday anytime! Cake on a stick, what could be better then that! I love the belly by the way!! Don't be to excited to get rid of it...my belly of flappy skin is way less cute!
Happy 3rd Birthday Ayden!!! You are so cute in your purple dress. Mommy did a wonderful job on your party. Wish I could have been with you, maybe someday.
LOVE IT!!! Everything was so purple & cute! Was a great party. Especially loved the butterfly cupcakes & holder...looked like they were getting ready to take off & fly.
The menu sounded delicious, but what does one expect from an excellent cook like you. (You've got a cute baby belly.)
So sorry about the camera situation. Technology just has us old grandmas at a loss sometime.
I'd have to agree from the pictures that this does look like her best party yet. Great job! You didn't take a picture of the party favors. I'm sure they were mostly all purple. Right? Can you believe she's 3? WOW! Again, I can't open your video. :(
PRETTY GOOD!!!! Love the way said Ayden said it ;) The video was great with the kids running through the purple streamers...what fun! Sure hope Andy was the one on the chair or ladder hanging the crepe paper cause you sure had a lot (each room)(was there some in the bathroom also?!?) Maybe she'll ask for a GREEN party next year, ha,ha.
Post a Comment