Profile for amdywyman

Monday, January 14, 2008

Forever! (ok, actually a week)

Well, it's been a week. Is anyone surprised? I knew this would happen. Every once in a while I think about writing something and then I think, 'Do I have anything to say?'. Here I am, even though I'm still not sure I have anything to say.

I am getting ready to go on a trip this week to see my friend Tracy and help celebrate her son's third birthday. I think I am a little bit crazy for agreeing to do this. I'm still not 100% sure how I am going to pull off traveling clear across the country with two kids, car seats and luggage by myself. The more I think about it, the more nervous I get. I know my sister-in-law did it with three kids, and I'm still not sure how (or why?!) she did this. I leave on Thursday, so it should be interesting. I don't know if it's better to take the new double stroller I bought, (yes, Tracy, I'm getting as bad as you with the whole stroller thing), or the go go kidz device that turns the car seat into a stroller, or what. Still working out the best way to go. Thank goodness I have a laptop now that I can take on the plane and Tate can watch a movie while sitting on the plane. Just writing about it is making me nervous.

We had a lot of my family over this weekend. It went great, although it was a bit of a whirlwind. My two aunts and uncles and their grandchildren, and my mom came over for a little over 24 hours. So, we had 7 children and 7 adults in total. Even though there were that many children, it wasn't very chaotic. It was very nice to have everyone visit, even for so short a time. We were also able to look into the yarn shop we want to buy, so a very productive visit as well.

I have decided to change the name of my blog also. I wasn't very creative at the time I started this and I was thinking this weekend (yes, I do sometimes actually think!) of me, and being inspired by my sister-in-law Marion's daughter-in-law's blog (I hope that made sense!), I decided to name it something else. Hopefully, it won't screw everything up and make it crazy but I will give it a try.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Just wanted you to know - I'm reading... I actually just got internet access again, so I'm trying to keep up. But I'm always interested to read about what's going on in everyone else's life. Good luck with the travel to Tracy's. Yes, I think you might be crazy to try that one. Take care and I'll be keeping up with you here. Oh, and I loved the Christmas pictures of Tate and Ayden - so cute!

Anonymous said...

Okay...I should have read further. Now I know why you're going to Virginia and that you're actually taking Tate and Ayden!
Good luck!