Profile for amdywyman

Friday, January 25, 2008

Not as sleepy

I am somewhat recoved from my trip. We got little sleep while we were there, trying to visit as much as possible, and being up for 20 hours on the return trip makes for a very long day. None of my planes left on time, coming or going. On the return we sat on the tarmac for about an hour and a half waiting to get clearance to go to Chicago, because of the weather. When we did get to Chicago we had missed our connection so we got the next flight which thankfully was not too much later but that was about 15 minutes late to board then we had to sit on board while they de-iced the plane. Luckily the plane was very empty so we had lots of room. When we got to Seattle we had about 45 minutes to catch our shuttle to home, but I went to the wrong shuttle place which made us miss it. (Just picture me pushing a smart-carte full of luggage and car seats with one hand and a stroller with the other while Tate held onto the stroller. That is how we traipsed around the airport, getting a lot of comments on the way.)

One highlight of the trip was in Chicago, after we had missed our flight I took the kids into the bathroom to get changed and let me go to the bathroom. While I was going, Tate started rubbing my leg and back and said "Oh, Mommy! Your bottom is SO pretty!" He said this quite loudly and it just cracked me up! I really needed the comic relief.
While we were in Virginia, we helped Tracy set up Mikie's third birthday party. (for all of those who know Tracy, you know how elaborate this can get and his third birthday was no exception! She did a great job.) We had a great time at his birthday. Here are a few shots of the event:













We spent Friday and Saturday working on and celebrating the party. On Sunday we went to Ride Makerz to build a car. (similar to build a bear except you build cars) Tate had a blast building his tow truck:





























1 comment:

Steph said...

Great pictures! I'm sure the party was great. I love the build a car thing. Sorry your trip (the flying part) was rough. Kudos to you for taking it though - you are a lot braver than I am...