Profile for amdywyman

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Still more. . .

There is so much to tell of what we did and definitely not enough time to do it! I should have tried to give quick blurbs each day, but I was so tired at the end of the day that all I wanted to do was sleep. So here is the rest of our visit:









On Monday, Mikie's actual birthday, we took an Amtrak train up to Washington D.C. to visit the Natural History Museum. The boys loved the train ride, they watched the scenery and walked up and down the train to the different cars. For some reason, Ayden decided this was the day she was going to attempt to walk on her own. So on the return trip, ON the train, she decided to take a few steps. We really haven't gotten her to repeat it the same way yet, but she holds onto one finger now and walks around with us. It will be no time at all before she is walking on her own. Here are some pics of the museum and train ride:




If we looked cold in some of those pictures it's because we were. It was literally freezing outside! Sorry about the upside down picture. I haven't figured out how to delete a picture once it is in the blog.
On Tuesday we laid low and visited during the day and then Tracy's husband Michael watched the kids that night while Tracy, her mom and I went out to eat at The Melting Pot. We had a great time, laughed all night and, of course, got to bed late. On Wednesday we basically got up to go to the airport so we could start our trip home. It was a great time and I'm glad we went! I think I will let Tracy send the photo show for this trip.



2 comments:

Holley said...

Great photos! I can't believe that Ayden took her first steps how exciting.

Tracy said...

I know it was stressful, but I am SO grateful that you came! We LOVED having you here and NEEDED your help :) I did deprive you of sleep (sorry), but then again, Ayden did a pretty good job of that, too. You are truly an inspiration to me and I'll just have to remember your story come May when it's my turn! If you can do...I will too! Thanks for being a wonderful friend and flying thousands of miles to be with us! We love you guys!