Today, I decided it had to get DONE! So I went out (all by myself) and finished it. It only took me about 4 1/2 hours, so not too bad with one person. I put on the balusters, second ladder, second slide, telescope, steering wheel, supports underneath, rope ladder and rope for the rock wall.
Now all that is left is the roof, which is a minor concern right now. Thankfully, though, it is done!!! Woohoo!!
The kids are loving it and no neighbors have said anything (yet, and hopefully they won't).
On another note: Two funny/cute things that Tate said today. One is related to a book that we have called Mine-o-saur. In this book there is a school full of little dinosaurs and one mine-o-saur who doesn't share. Very cute little book.
So today the kids are playing and Ayden wouldn't give a toy to Tate and he tells her, "Ayden! Your being a mine-o-saur! You need to share!"
Later this evening, after Tate was being EXTREMELY whiny and got quite a few time outs for his behavior, he said to Ayden, "Ayden you are in TIME OUT! I told you THREE times that you have a time out! Are you in time out or not?"
I absolutely hate it when they mimic you like that, it just makes you realize just how ridiculous you sound. But on the other hand, it makes you really realize how ridiculous you sound.



3 comments:
Wow Amber that is great. Good job completing it particularly with this uncooperative weather....
I feel like I just visited a park. That is an AWESOME playset. What a great present. Can't believe you are a carpenter/laborer also. Is there anything you can't do? Pretty cool to have 2 slides so kids can race.
Can't wait to play on it in May! I'm not at all surprised that you finished it by yourself. You always amazed me at how easily you can do those type of things. It would have taken me 40+ hours on my own....who am I kidding...I wouldn't have ever attempted it on my own! HA! Great job!
Post a Comment