I know it's been a while since I've posted. We've had a lot going on around here (or at least it seemed that way). We haven't traveled much, but had people over. I promise I will post more later, I just wanted to get the snow off of the front of my blog! (And the dust off the shelves, so to speak) There is no more snow here, it stayed around for a week (amazing in itself), we had a lovely white Christmas, but just as the decorations are put away, I am done with the snow. Thankfully where I live accommodates that wish.
So here are a few of the highlights and lowlights of what I've been up to.
Highlights:
My mom, brother, his girlfriend and their two kids came up to our house for Christmas.
It was so wonderfully festive to have all the decorations up, but on the same token it is now SO good to have them put away.
We got to have snow for Christmas!
My husband pretty much single handedly took down the decorations.
I am slowly getting together the play structure that we have bought the kids for Christmas. (it was originally going to be up by Christmas but that went out the window with all of the snow)
I get to purge toys.
My mom and I had a great time making all sorts of goodies and dinner for Christmas.
Everything that was made for Christmas dinner was made from scratch. This was not my original plan, and I didn't even realize I was doing that until my mom pointed it out. She called me Martha after that.
I got to visit with my nephews, Kaiden and Kamrin. Too, too cute! (Pictures to come)
Lowlights:
Kamrin (my brother's youngest son at two months old) contracted rotovirus and ended up in the hospital the day after they left here. He is thankfully out of the hospital and doing very well.
I've got blisters on my fingers from putting together a kitchen (just like yours Lynn!) and the playset.
It took me an hour and a half to put together the kitchen (the average time it took was 3 hours, so not really sure if this should be a highlight or lowlight, but because of the blisters, it is NOT a highlight).
My mother-in-law bought way too many big things for the kids (sorry Bette, but it is so true) so now I have to purge more toys than I had originally intended.
I now have toys in my kitchen, which I hate because it is one less toy-free zone in my house.
My kids getting toys at Christmas sometimes actually causes me anxiety. I always have to think of where they are going to go and I sometimes really hate it that my house looks like it is run by children.
Some of my cookies did not turn out. :(
I'm sure there are more of both, but we'll leave it at that because I have more highlights than lowlights, and because no matter how many lowlights I can name they are all minor (except for Kamrin), and I had a wonderful Christmas holiday!
On to the New Year!
Blogging Much!?!
10 years ago



3 comments:
I am so glad you had a great X-mas! I am right there with you about the toys! We literally gave 2 BOXES to the church nursery. I REFUSE to have toys that don't fit in the playroom or garage....they can't play with them all and I am beginning to feel like it is sending the wrong message...Gunner was as happy w/ a cardboard box and a handful of plastic dinosaurs then anything else...maybe he gets it more than I think he does.
I'm sad the snow is gone. I loved your pictures and was wishing so badly that I could be there. I'm sorry to hear about your brother's baby. I hope everything is ok now. Glad you had a nice time with family. I'm dying to know what you thought of Tate's gift and am so surprised at Zach's gift! Can't wait to call and thank you....hopefully I'll find time tomorrow to give you a ring when both boys are awake, happy, and cooperating! Anxiously awaiting pictures of your holiday fun.
Glad you had a wonderful holiday, the snow made it complete. You are lucky to have it gone; we on the other hand get to enjoy or hate it all winter (the ice is what I hate more than the snow.) Hope your nephew is better. Anxious to hear about the Christmas dinner menu (you are sooo Martha)(that is a GOOD thing.) I know you feel overwhelmed with all the toys, but years from now when the kids are gone...you'll look back and wish they & the toys were all over the house (that's how I feel now) One more plus for the year was all of your goal accomplishments and that wonerful little vacation with hubby. Can't wait to see you a couple of weeks.
Post a Comment