Notice anything different about Ayden? Maybe she looks a little, um, shinier? Rosier? (You might need to click on this picture to make it larger to fully appreciate it.)

Notice how her hair is perfectly matted to her head in an inspired design?

This is what kind of beauty treatment is in store for you if you forget that you gave your almost two year old the cherry chapstick (or chap, as she so affectionately calls it) in the car on the way home from Seattle. Cherry chapstick has the unfortunate quality of actually making anything it touches red. Great for lips. Not great for cheeks, chins, foreheads, hair, hands, coats, etc.
Here she is, kind of amazed by the great work that she did.

Yep, not horrified by her slimy, rosy self, just happy and satisfied.

She happily holds up the proof of her mess. That's my daughter.

Now I know I've shown a picture like this before, but this one is slightly different. Holley, Sarah and I have started a swim class that is given through Skagit Valley College. We are trying to improve our swimming techniques, which means the swim gear is out again. So Ayden went over to my bag, got the cap and goggles, put them on and stood against the wall. She then says to me, "Take my picture mommy." So I took a couple of pictures and when I was done she says, "Let's go swimming mommy." Too, too cute. Couldn't resist, had to post it.

The other day while driving Tate says to me, "Mommy, this is YOUR music. I want to listen to kids music." He's 3!! How is it already that he is dissing my music? How can my music be uncool already??? This is just wrong. I think I need to do more dance time in the evenings.
Related to this is the fact that when we get into the car and if I turn the music up Tate says, "The music is too loud, can you please turn it down?" This is regardless of the fact of whether it is his music or mine.
But contrast this to when I have Grant in the car, who always asks for the music to be turned up because he can't hear it. (Actually Grant cracks me up about this because he will be chatting away, and then all of a sudden at the end of a sentence he'll say, "I can't hear the music Miss Amber." So I tell him that's because he is talking and so he'll be quiet for a while and then tell me thank you for turning up the music. I would say that works most of the time.)
What I'm picturing is these two in college together. Grant rocking out in his dorm while Tate is telling him to turn down the music. It's going to be like the Odd Couple.
6 comments:
Ayden is too cute in her swim cap. Somehow when she is wearing it she looks like a WWF wrestler "The Green Goblin Girl"! or G3 for short. :-)
The odd couple hmmm I CAN see it now :)
You need to play beauty parlor with her! Let's do that when you get here! (don't cringe, It'll be fun!) Loved your comment about Tate & Grant when they're older...they better keep it down or Mikie the "hall monitor" may write them up ;-)
What is it about kids and chapstick? Mine love it too. Luke doesn't put him all over it though, he eats it (surprise, surprise) He has actually taken big bites out of more than one chapstick... The picture of Ayden in the swim cap is cute - you need to get her one of her own!
Oops, I meant put it all over him, not him all over it. Guess I should start proofreading.
Those BIG brown eyes are just mermerizing and adorable even if they are outlined in lip gloss. Loved the picture in the goggles & swimcap...glad she likes her pics taken.
Ayden is so, so cute in the cap and goggles AND in the chapstick picture! And don't feel bad, Gunner is forever telling me to put on his music in the car, and then he says "make it faster", no matter how many times I tell him that he means "louder".
Post a Comment