How does your garden grow?
What started out like this:

Notice the apple tree 'sticks'? The squash mounds?


Now look like this! Our apple trees are blooming!

Our squash is going crazy! I have to thin the zucchini and soon or there won't be enough room.

The yellow summer squash has it's first bloom.

The peas and beans are climbing (thanks Boagie!).

This is the second growth of spinach, in fact I just cut this down last week.

My cilantro is the tallest thing in the garden. It definitely loves it here!

Filling out nicely!

And to top it all off we have our first ripe strawberries!

Yum!
4 comments:
WOW what a green thumb for your first year. Way to go! Everything looks so yummy. Spinach & stawberry salad sounds wonderful right now. HOMEGROWN & FRESH IS ALWAYS THE BEST!
I made myself hungry with my reply so I went home, picked spinach & strawberries, and had a salad with poppyseed dressing.Hummmmmm!
Your garden is so pretty and organized! I'll have to show Dave pictures of this. We have lots of stuff growing but it looks like a jumbled mess. You probably know this, but be sure not to let your cilantro flower - I made that mistake once and it was completely inedible afterwards.
I can't believe how much it has grown since I've been there. Your sticks are so pretty now ;-) Have you trapped a lot of slugs?
Post a Comment