Profile for amdywyman

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What we did. . .

Like I mentioned before, we were at MY house this time, not Tracy's, so we didn't do many any exciting things. After we picked Tracy and the boys up at the airport we headed down to Southcenter Mall and went to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch.

Ayden and I are checking out all the great fish. As we were leaving they had two scuba divers in the tank cleaning it, the kids loved that.

The boys checking out the crocodile.
The one picture we got of them all together.
They flew in on Thursday, and on Friday we. . .well. . .um. . .oh yes! We stayed home with the kids in the morning and then left them with Andy in the afternoon while we went shopping for the party.

On Saturday we decided to head out to Coupeville for lunch and to get out of the house. We ate at the Knead & Feed and then walked down to have some ice cream. (Zachary had fallen asleep by this point, so he didn't get to enjoy the sunny day and ice cream experience)

Saturday night we let the kids have a movie night, (while we finished up party preparations) they watched 101 Dalmations, which I like less and less the more I watch it. (We did just get Piglet's Big Movie and it was so cute! Much better than most of the Disney movies. Btw, has anyone else noticed the dead mother theme in Disney's movies? Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Nemo, Pocahantas, Chicken Little, Snow White, Bambi, Little Mermaid, well, you get the drift.)
A little Devo action anyone?
Pretty good resemblance.
Sunday was the big party of course, and Monday we spent at home with sick kids. I believe this is the day that Zachary slept all night long and then continuously until 2 p.m. That's right he slept until 2 in the afternoon! He got up just as the rest of the kids were going down for naps. On Tuesday we went geocaching (although I didn't get any pictures, but I think Tracy did), went out for lunch, Mikie, Zachary and Tracy had dentist appointments and then that evening we headed over to Holley's for dinner and a yummy rhubarb cake. (Do you see how fun I am. I make my guests go to the dentist when they come over! ;) Wednesday was time to pack up again and head back down to the airport. It always goes so fast!

I did forget to mention the weather. The weather was beautiful, and pretty much has been gorgeous ever since Tracy left. The week she was here the weather was in the eighties just about the entire time, and the day of Tate's party was beautiful too. That is four years in a row of having amazing weather on Tate's birthday. We'll see how long Mother Nature will let me hold on to that tradition.

I know I already said it, but thanks again Tracy for all your help and for being here. We loved having you!

2 comments:

Boagie (Janice) said...

Which dentist did they go to?!?!?! ha,ha, I know the boys felt much more comfortable with Andy than a stranger. Liked the movie nite pics and yes it is sad about all those mommies. Glad you've had good weather for all of Tate's birthdays. You made me jealous when you said you went to the Knead & Feed for lunch.

Tracy said...

I don't need to do anything grand when I come there....being in Whidbey with you guys is the best time ever! We miss you all so much! Thank you for introducing us to geocaching. We'll be trying it soon (perhaps after July 11).