We signed up Tate for soccer this year. I wasn't sure how it was going to go and the start was less than great. Tate participated kind of half-way for the first couple of practices and then two practices he REFUSED to get out there and try it. He latched himself onto my leg and would not let go no matter what. I had visions of spending the entire soccer season with him attached to me and not playing. AHHHHH! To say I was frustrated was putting it lightly. But I just kept talking to him about how much fun it would be, and how he needed to at least try soccer out to see what it was like, etc.
So the first game came (which I was dreading for the aforementioned reason), and the coach called him out to play and, well, he just went! Just like that. He just ran out on the field and participated. It was amazing and we were so proud of him!
Here they are warming up with kicking into the goal.

Then doing stretches.

Then the game started. His first game happened to be against Grant's team (which I think helped even though they didn't always play at the same time). Grant was on the side lines at the beginning and I was so glad to have caught this hilarious picture of him. Can you tell he was a little anxious of getting into the game??? So excited he had to literally hold onto his shorts!

Tate is kicking in the ball after it went out of bounds.

Go Tate go!

A great game!

Great friends and great soccer players! Here is to many more years of fun with these amazing little boys!
1 comment:
awww! you're going to make me cry. They are so cute!
Post a Comment