Profile for amdywyman

Sunday, July 13, 2008

PNWDC

This Thursday and Friday we were down in Seattle at the PNWDC (Pacific Northwest Dental Conference, for those of you who are not in the know). We drove down early Thursday, dropped Andy off for classes and the kids and I went to the REI flagship store downtown. Which, if you've never been there, is HUGE. But it was great too, because they have a place to eat, a waterfall, a kids play area, and just generally a nice store to shop in.




We stayed down in Seattle at the Homewood Suites (very nice!) and had a great time running around. On Friday I took the kids to the Seattle Aquarium. It has been forever since I have been there and the kids had a great time. Tate kept running ahead and saying "Look, mommy, a fish!" (or a shark, or sea star, or seal, or . . .) In the touch tanks, Ayden was the only one who would touch anything. Tate would look. Here are a few shots of that day:

This is in the Cheesecake Factory downtown. I don't know why this picture is blurry, I couldn't get a clear one, but this is how Tate winks. We call it his pirate face.
Tate and Ayden at the fountain outside the Aquarium. They both got to throw pennies into the fountain. Inside the aquarium Tate kept asking me if he could throw pennies into any water we saw (which was a lot!).

My kids don't even cover the tail of this shark. Very scary!
Tate pointing to the red octopus. It was pretty small!


What is Ayden pointing at? These fish! She was totally amazed by these fish swimming above our heads.Ayden looking into one of the touch tanks. She was the only one who would touch anything in there. I couldn't get a picture though because I couldn't hold her to touch the sea star and hold the camera at the same time.
Tate looking at the touch tanks. Looking is the ONLY thing he did.
My children as jellyfish.

I know this is really hard to see, but there are seals swimming around in the tank in front of the kids. They kept swimming around in circles, which completely fascinated the kids, but made me kind of sad.

Here is a shot of what a beautiful day it was on Friday in Seattle. A gorgeous day to be running around the city.





After we went to the aquarium we went and ate outside on the wharf. We had a great time!




No comments: