Profile for amdywyman

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Strawberry Fields

On Friday I was riding my bicycle past this strawberry field and it smelled incredible! You could smell all the sweet strawberries! Bell farm was doing a u-pick so that next morning we took the kids out and picked some berries.

All Ayden wanted to do was eat strawberries! She picked only to eat them and for a while she was eating them out of the basket we were using. I kept picking and had little to show for my efforts. It reminded me of Jack!

Tate started out very seriously, and helpfully, to fill our baskets. But once he saw Ayden eat them he started too.
Our kids were covered in strawberry juice and dirt.
I really should have taken a picture of Ayden after she fell down. This was at the end of our berry picking and she was covered in juice and once she fell (the ground was very dry) she was covered in dirt (head to toe) and it stuck very well on the parts covered in juice. She was a mess!
This is the deer that was in the field with us enjoying it's own strawberries.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

MAKES ME MISS WA AND YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I can't believe you're in pants and coats while we're roasting in 100 heat!

Anonymous said...

Ha Tracy! That's exactly what I was going to say. Jackets in July???? Oh, to pick those nice, fresh strawberries...