Profile for amdywyman

Thursday, November 20, 2008

First Family Drawing

The other night after Tate did his homework, (I know that sounds weird, but he just had to write the letter i five times) he was drawing a picture and he decided to draw all of us. It was so cute! I loved it! It made me laugh and then wonder what the heck was wrong with me. Let me explain. In this picture (I know it's hard to see, you might need to click on it to make it bigger), there are two people on the left and two on the right. (just ignore all the middle for this conversation, it's all clouds) Andy is the taller of the two on the right and Ayden is the smaller. On the left is Tate and I. Can you guess which one I am? Yep, that's right the freakishly tall one. I am bigger than anyone else in this picture. I am huge!! Through my years, I have been called amazon woman, a 'big' girl, and tall (you can probably guess which one I prefer, and no, not all of those were said in a kind or joking way). But never in a million years did I think that my dear, darling little boy, my first born, one of the loves of my life, would ever see me like this! What an eye opener!


Tate is terribly proud of this picture. (so proud, in fact, that when I took it down to scan it yesterday he started crying!) Yesterday when Grant was over at our house Tate was telling him about this picture and the conversation went like this:

Tate: "I drew a picture Grant! I drew Ayden and Mommy and Daddy and me!"

Grant: "Did you draw me?"

T: "No, I drew Ayden and Mommy and Daddy and me."

G: "Well, what about me?"

T: "I didn't draw you."

G: "Oh"

T: "Come and look at my picture Grant!"

They both head over to the refrigerator to get a good look.

G: "Is that me?"

T: "No, that's Ayden. And that's Daddy, and that's Mommy and that's me!"

G: "You're right, that's not me! (Like you could tell with those stick figures) Well I'm going to draw a picture of me and you and Ayden and Mommy and Daddy and Miss Amber and Mr. Andy and. . ."

Kids exit stage right.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

WOW! He can really draw people! That's great! Be sure to laminate that picture and save it forever. You're just the biggest because you are the most important!!!!

Holley said...

Ha that is hilarious! I love how Tate sees you and I can totally empathize with him! The boys conversation was a hoot too.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tracy - your the most important and he sees you as "larger than life". I love that you are all part of Grant's "family". How cute!

Anonymous said...

That was me with the anonymous comment up there. You changed something on your comment thing and I can't figure out what to log in under. It's just not working for me.

Steph

Boagie (Janice) said...

What a neat treasure! The first family pic. I like the way you are the tallest and thinest. You really do look good after all your hard work this past summer. Have you ever got down at a child's level and looked up...we are all really tall.
Loved the conversation with Grant. It's wonderful that Grant considers you one big happy family.

Carrie said...

Love,love, love the conversation w/ Grant...and you are the biggest influence on his life, therefore the biggest in the pic!