Profile for amdywyman

Monday, November 10, 2008

Just a little note for myself

Ok, you may not want to read this. I won't be gross but it does involve a bathroom and a child. So, you have been warned to not read anything further if you think this kind of reporting is disgusting.

Today, at 20 months (21 in another week, yikes! How can my baby be almost 2??), my daughter peed in the toilet. Finally, after weeks of sitting her on there, trying to catch her at the right moment, she did it. Now, you might think that is all I've been doing for the past few weeks, but it's not true. I only did it sporadically and only when she asked. (She always sees Tate and Grant do it so of course she wants to too!) She actually peed! I can't tell you how happy that made me! (It's the small things, right?) So we did the happy potty dance and song (don't ever ask me to do it, it is always a spontaneous song and dance and can only be done in the moment, and besides I like my friends to stay my friends). Hopefully this will continue, she will progress further and further and in one week she will be completely potty trained. (ok, I know that last part is unrealistic, but don't kill my dreams, they're all I have!)

So, now that you know what the issue is, how many of you went to that dark place? How many of you have DIRTY minds! I know you are out there! Come on, fess up! Who thought I was going to use the words puddle and poop in the same sentence (Thanks for that post Steph)?

2 comments:

Boagie (Janice) said...

I really would like to see the happy potty dance and song. Sounds like something this silly grandma would do. Keep up the good work.

Tracy said...

Yay, Big Girl Ayden!!!