The M Bar C Ranch that we went to on the
farm tour was hosting a Halloween Extravaganza, so we decided to go on the Sunday before Halloween. I thought that the kids who went would dress up in their costumes but apparently our kids were the only ones who did. They were cute anyway and it gave us the opportunity to tweak Ayden's costume before Halloween.
This is our daughter walking around before getting the rest of her costume on. She absolutely adores pockets of any kind.

Ok, here's the deal. Tate was Horton, Grant was the kangaroo from Horton Hears a Who, and Ayden was supposed to be the flower with Whoville on it. Here is evidence that there really was a Whoville on her head. (Otherwise you don't notice it at all!)

Here they all are. The boys fit their part, but I know Ayden looks like a troll doll. In fact there was a little girl that spotted Ayden and kept saying, "Oh, mommy! Look at that little girl! She's so cute! She's a troll doll!" I would have corrected her, but she was right, Ayden did look like a troll doll.

Here is the little western town that they have built on the ranch. It's quite impressive.



In each of the stores in the 'town' they had little Halloween decorations. This one was a singing skeleton that the boys loved.

Here they are trying to find the 'button' to turn on this ceramic vulture.

Riding the ponies.

Ayden and kangaroo Grant cowboy and cowgirl.

The Stellers and Aunt Heidi. They have the picture of us on this hayride. Haven't gotten it from them, just like I haven't given them this one yet.

Aunt Heidi purchased some goodies and was willing to share with the kids. It's amazing how kids will sit down and pay attention for some candy.

A shot of the farm.

Ayden got tired of trying to throw these, so she just placed them on there. This game is harder than it looks!

Halloween night. Ready for some Trick-or-Treating!

Ayden hid in the closet so I couldn't take her picture, but I caught her anyway!

Now, as you can see we added a little to her costume: Leaves around the wig and leaves pinned on her coat. It could have been better, but at least people recognized her as a flower!

Tate got so excited about trick-or-treating that he would knock and immediately say, "Trick or Treat!" before the people even opened the door.

Here is a shot of some carved pumpkins in one of the yards, this isn't the greatest picture, but the yard looked great.

A successful night of trick-or-treating! In fact, about 3/4 of the way done with it Tate said he'd had enough and he was ready to go home! Ayden happily kept on trick-or-treating. She started to walk up to one house that had it's lights off, so I told her we weren't going to that house because no one was home and she started to throw a fit! This getting candy was very serious business to her!
2 comments:
It's about time! I was wondering where all the Halloween posts were. The kids were adorable. I think you did a great job with the improvements to Ayden's costume. The leaves really made it look like a clover...and the speck was too cute. It's so funny that our boys were both Horton this year. What shall we be next year? Ha ha.
Great pictures. Nice touch adding leaves to the flower costume; but hey, I like trolls (from my childhood). She did make a cuter flower. Loved Tate's trick or treat bag(great way to recycle). Glad you had a nice time and the weather cooperated.
Post a Comment