

You know those certain books that your kids have you read over and over and over and over again? Most of them I don't mind and get through quite easily, but I can't stand Snow White! Maybe it's because she's too stupid to realize the old peddler woman is the queen in disguise even after JUST being warned to be careful. Where are her instincts for crying out loud? Maybe it's because she's so beautiful the forest animals help her, she's so beautiful she gets a glass coffin, she's so beautiful the queen hates her, and she's so beautiful the prince falls instantly in love with her and kisses a dead woman. (We get it, she's beautiful) Whatever it is, yuck, blech, gross, gag! (ok, I feel just slightly guilty for trashing a Walt Disney character. I feel a little like Walt is going to haunt me and make me read the Snow White book a million times as punishment. Oh, my god, Walt is already haunting me!!! Now that I know this for a fact, I'm just putting this out there for Walt's benefit: I don't hate all Disney material, just Snow White.)
So, now that you know my true feelings, my question to all of you is this: What books that your kids make you read constantly do you really dislike (or dare I say even hate?)?



2 comments:
When our girls were younger...I read to them all the time and enjoyed all the books, but....back before we (parents) knew better; we let our kids watch tv and movies. The vcr tape that was on constantly at our house was Winnie The Pooh. I thought it was cute always watching the girls twirl around and touch their toes like the song said; but Mike hated it. He would get upset to come in from choring or farming and see it on tv, sometimes he would just turn around and go back out (his lost)...you can never get enough of your children dancing and being CUTE.
Amber hating a princess...no way ;) I'm shocked you even have that book in your house! Mikie's pretty good about varying his book selection, but lately it has been the Breamen Town Musicians....enough already!
Post a Comment