Profile for amdywyman

Monday, November 17, 2008

In the Land of the Kidless

So this last weekend Andy and I, along with Holley and James drove up to Harrison Hot Springs in Harrison, British Columbia and spent the weekend. Oh, and did I mention it was without kids?

Now some of you will nod your head in agreement or understanding of what I'm about to say, and others will shake your head in disappointment or wonder. But the reality is: This is the longest I've been away from my kids. Ever. I have been away from Tate twice. The first time was when I gave birth to Ayden and I was away from him less than 24 hours. The second time I was away from both of them was when Holley and I did the Flowing Lake triathlon and we stayed in the hotel down in Everett. (I saw the kids early the next morning before the triathlon began, so again, less than 24 hours)

We are talking just a little over 48 hours of being in the land of the kidless once again. My mom came up and watched my two (thank you, thank you, thank you mom!!), while Grant got to spend the weekend with Aunt Heidi.

Here is just a little bit of what we did (whenever and whatever we wanted!):

This was our view from our hotel room. This was Saturday morning after being woken up by fishing boats heading out onto the lake. Friday, when we got there, we had a nice dinner at Crazy Fish Bistro, where Holley and I had a great bison steak (very tender and flavorful!).


This is the view of the hotel from the dock. The middle is the oldest part of the hotel, to the right is the West Tower and to the left is the East tower (better picture of that next).

The East Tower (where we stayed) is the newest part of the hotel. The hotel provides you with bathrobes so that you can walk to and from the hot springs without freezing. And you also get quite the mix of dress with people in bathrobes to people dressed to the nines to head out to dinner.

We played Farkel (a lot!), went into the hot springs, rested (sometimes), relaxed, walked and just generally had a great time.

On Saturday we decided to take a little walk around. Getting pictures at the dock.

We saw this hilarious sign, and Holley decided that James should stand in front of it and do a 'crazy' face but he couldn't stop smiling. I loved how the you can see the guy in the picture just peering over the top of James' head.

Another shot on the grounds. Had it been sunny you would see a large mountain in the background.

On Saturday evening we decided that we would have dinner (fancy!) at the Copper Room, so we got all dressed up. I called the Stellers and told them to come to our room for pictures, because most (by that I mean never) of the time we post pictures of ourselves on our blogs we (by we I mean me) look less than appealing. So to show you that we can look decent (again, by we I mean me) I am posting the great pics of us ready to go out. Holley looked FABULOUS!! (Check out her new outfit. She bought it just so she could make me look like the white trash I really am. Ok, just kidding about that last part, she wouldn't really do that. At least I don't think so. Wait a minute. . . Holley??????)

Having a great time and trying to get our 'good' sides.
It's been almost thirteen years since we've been married and almost 18 since we have been together. We realized that it has been almost half our lives. I love him more than I did then. What a wonderful husband to have and a great father to our kids. (and someday, I vow, I will actually weigh less than my marathon-runner-junkie of a husband!)
See how beautiful Holley is? How the hell am I supposed to be up to par with that???
All ready to head out and have a nice dinner. We had a great dinner too. Andy, Holley and I had New York steaks with lemon cheesecake for dessert and James had prime rib. Excellent all around! We actually stayed and ate for about 3 hours. They also have dinner and dancing with a live band.
This is the view from our room on the day we left. We actually saw a break in the clouds and blue sky!

So that is where we have been. Having fun in the sun (ok, not really sun), but definitely the fun part!

4 comments:

Holley said...

Whatever Amber!?!?! Who was the one drinking Saturday night again??? You looked totally Fabulous! I like how our outfits look coordinated in the pic too. We are sooo good! hahaha

Tracy said...

You all looked so beautiful and handsome. It looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to go up there once we move back to the area. I'm impressed you managed to get away for a whole weekend. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

You guys all looked great!!! That's awesome that you got a weekend away. What fun!

Steph

Boagie (Janice) said...

Wow, you all look FABULOUS! So nice to get away from diapers, bibs, potty chairs, fighting , etc. once in awhile. Took you several years to do it; but good for you!