Well, it seems to be official. Ayden is just as bad, if not worse (I'm really deluding myself here), than I was when it comes to being klutzy. She has fallen down Holley and James' stairs several times. She has fallen down our stairs several times. Thankfully nothing serious has happened, but I'm sure it's coming. I had stitches, x-rays, a broken nose, etc. I'm sure the hospital had their doctors and nurses take a class just about me and how to be prepared for the next time I came through the door.
So I was walking through Rite Aid the other day, heading towards the back and the pharmacist when Ayden fell. She was only about 10 feet behind me, so I went to see the damage. I could tell from her cry that it was a little more than just a simple fall. I went back within seconds and she already had a black eye. She managed to fall and hit her face on the right side quite hard. I felt so bad! Apparently it was quite scary to the pharmacist too because he came out from behind the counter and rubbed her head and gave her a kiss, all the time asking if she needed to be checked out, or an ice pack, or anything that would help. (He really is a nice guy)
Anyway, this picture doesn't show the wonderful color she had on her because I took it a day or two later, but she did a good job on her instant black eye.

Even better was the fact that she did this the DAY before she had her 18 month check up. This fine black eye (also notice the little smudge on her forehead? That was a bang-up from Holley and James' house, she is not safe anywhere!) plus all of her other little bruises. The nurse commented on them. The doctor commented on them. Then he wrote in his chart. I'm totally screwed.
1 comment:
Nothing like a child covered in bruises at the doctor's office to make you totally paranoid...
"I swear, doctor, there's a witness who saw her fall" Ayden has had her share of accidents, hasn't she?
Post a Comment