Profile for amdywyman

Friday, September 12, 2008

Making cinnamon rolls

The other day I decided to make homemade cinnamon rolls for dessert. The kids were awake and immediately wanted to 'help'.

All rolled out and ready to dress:

What do you get when you have a 18 month old and a 3 year old help you bake? You get an 18 month old who eats the flour despite how many times you have told her it's 'yucky' and a 3 year old who is actually a very good helper.
Ready for massive heart attack time: butter!
Now for sprinkling the sugar across the dough. Tate did a great job. Ayden made the Mt. Vesuvius of sugar.

Here she is pointing to her sugar creation. (Ok, she's not really just pointing to it, she's making sure her finger gets sufficiently coated with sugar so that she can lick it off. What else would any right minded child do?)
Sprinkling the cinnamon. Tate is such a good helper in the kitchen. He will often help me bake.


Ayden sprinkling her side. She mostly just dented the dough with the cinnamon cap, but did a great job for being 18 months.Our hard work. One finished pan with maple frosting and three more to cook. We ended up with 6 pans of cinnamon rolls and I can tell you right now that if I could I would eat them all! They were so good!!

6 comments:

Boagie (Janice) said...

You make me want to cry...you are such a wonderful mom. I miss having the help in the kitchen. My girls used to help all the time (makes extra cleanup time, but every precious moment of togetherness and learning is worth it) and Mikie has helped me whenever we are together. They are just too far away. The rolls look delicous, wish I was there to enjoy with you...I miss your sweet family.

Carrie said...

Ok, I really need to stop looking at your blog and Tracy's blog...or I need to learn how to bake and make crafts, because I am a total slacker MOM!!! I love the pictures and am forever awestruck at what an awesome Mommy you are...and I am offically craving a cinnamon bun, nice job helping me with my diet!

Marion said...

And where were these yummy treats when we were in Chelan? And why am I not your next door neighbor? They look way too sinful! I'm very impressed!

Leah said...

ok, so I think I need that recipe...

Anonymous said...

How come I've never had one of your cinnamon rolls?? You were holding out on the playgroup... Looks like the kids had LOTS of fun helping!

Tracy said...

I MISS YOU!!!!!!!! (and your food!)