You might wonder why he would vacuum our kids, because I can assure you that this is NOT a regular occurance. Well while he was on the phone to the pharmacist, calling in a prescription for an emergency patient, my two kids decided to hang on this metal candle holder I have hanging in my dining room.
Which then promptly decided to fall because it was not designed to hold that much weight. (You can only imagine what the pharmacist thought when he had to quickly hang up the phone) So under each little tea light candle I put blue sand to match the dining room, which went all over, including all over the kids heads, which is why my husband was vacuuming them. Just another slap in the face.
The sand that used to be in each votive:
Which then was all over the floor (and the kids, of course):
No more decorative sand. The good thing is that the holder did not get damaged nor did our kids, it managed to gouge our floor trim molding and mark the wall, but that was it. Amazing.
Then James reminded me of another incidence of humbling. Last year, almost one year ago, my son decided to flush a rather large ball down the toilet. It was small enough to go down but too large to actually flush into the septic. There was no amount of plunging that could clear the toilet. So I called over to Holley and James to ask them if they knew of a good plumber who could come take a look. Next thing I know, James is on his way over to see if he can help. Well it ended up that he had to take the whole toilet out and put it on our lawn (all redneck jokes apply here) and use our neighbors hose (our water had to be turned off to the whole house because previously we had broken off the handle to turn off the water just to that toilet. And for her sanity, I will never tell our neighbor that this occurred) to push up through the bottom of the toilet to flush the ball out. It took a few minutes but it finally worked and the ball popped out. (Just imagine James out in our FRONT lawn with no shoes on, pants a little rolled up, with a toilet and a hose. Quite a sight!) Another slap.
Well, once I got the toilet out I realized that we could redo our bathroom floor. Then Andy said why don't we get a new sink too, which then entailed a whole bathroom redo that wasn't finished until after Thanksgiving. It looks great, but thank goodness it is a small bathroom!



2 comments:
Oh, Amber! I know at times your little ones can make you want to pull your hair out and give them to the Indians! How I wish I could go back and enjoy just one more day of them being small. It's a fleeting moment! They're precious and so innocent! Truly a gift!
Your posts always make me laugh - you seem to have the funniest stories. Hmm...
Post a Comment