Profile for amdywyman

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Movie Night

Yesterday we had movie night and we were watching Grant so he got to enjoy it with us. After we ate dinner we made chocolate chip cookies and popcorn, put on pajamas, got blankets and pillows and watched The Little Mermaid.

I decided that because I had three kids who were going to help me make cookies I was going to try prepping all the ingredients beforehand so that the process would go very smoothly. I know this doesn't help them with measurements, but for the sake of time and my sanity, we did it this way. So here is the preparation:

It went so smoothly!! The kids never got bored, and it kept a nice even flow to the project. We could have done a tv segment very nicely! The crew:
Adding ingredients. We only had one small spill and that was Ayden missing the bowl with the vanilla, not bad!



Happy campers with cookies to be baked! Now they were off to get pajamas on while I made popcorn and baked the cookies. (I had told Grant and Tate earlier in the week about getting movie night on Friday. I told them we'd have popcorn and that is what Grant focused on the entire time. In fact when he came over to our house Friday evening one of the first things he asked is why the popcorn wasn't made and where it was.)
Almost ready to watch the movie. (Don't ask me what Tate is doing in this picture, what a goofball!)

We just needed popcorn. Now they're ready to watch the movie!
They were all focused on the movie almost the entire time. (Grant had to get up and take a break during the 'scary' parts of the movie.) So a successful movie night ended with sugared-up kids with chocolate covered faces (at one point Ayden was trying to clean up Grant with a baby wipe and laughing hysterically) and a late evening to bed (around 10:30!). Of course now that it is morning and our two got up shortly before 7, we are paying for that late bedtime with crabby, crabby kids, but a great time was had by all.
A little video of them playing earlier in the evening: What you'll notice is Tate saying the movie is for tomorrow which causes Grant a LOT of concern!

4 comments:

Holley said...

Ohh that is soo cute! It totally looks like a cooking show in there. Very impressive prep work and what a good idea! Thanks so much for watching him we had a great evening out.

Tracy said...

Tate's voice is changing! Now I know what you meant when you said Mikie's was getting deeper....strange!!!!! Anyway....cute post, Martha! Have you needed anything from the Jones grocery store since I've been gone? I've wished you were just 2 doors down upon MANY baking/cooking occasions.

Steph said...

Aww, movie nights are so much fun!!! I loved the video - I don't know that I've ever really heard Tate talk like that. How cute!

Boagie (Janice) said...

What a great idea. Who picked out the movie? Fresh cookies, I am coming to your house next time I watch a movie.