Profile for amdywyman

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Blast from the Past September: Playgroups

So for this month's Blast from the Past feature I thought I would focus on some of the favorite pictures and times from past playgroups. We had such a great time with this and I miss it, and in honor of our very last original playgroup military mom leaving next month (Lynn), I thought I would post some pics. There are quite a few, in no particular order, just whatever I came across that I thought were cute. Of course there could have been A LOT more, but I had to restrain myself in the interest of time mostly. Anyway, enjoy!

Isn't it amazing how much they have grown?
One of my absolute, all-time FAVORITES! This is so Grant!
Grant is teaching Jack how to drink water from the squirting spigot. These farm boys really know what's important in life!


This one is so sweet!
Look at Mikie's hair! I can hardly remember when it was this long.

The water lover:
Miss Holley more excited about the splash rocket than the kids!





Fun with Miss Tracy:

It's hard to believe that Grant was ever really that bald. He has a ton of hair now!
Proof that he was:

Where it all began, ages ago. The boys were so tiny!


It's hard to remember the days of just ONE child!



Too cool:

Early shot of Bradley!


Like I said, this doesn't even cover half of our playgroups but I hope you enjoyed the pictures! It's great to look back and remember.

This is dedicated to all the friends that have moved away. Thank you for being a such a great part of my life. I miss the fun, the talks, the laughter, and even a few tears in there. (Thankfully though, mostly laughter!) I am so thankful that you are all keeping blogs now so I can keep up with your lives! The best to all of you!

5 comments:

Holley said...

Oh my goodness, talk about bringing a tear to the eye! Sure makes me miss you all. Great pics. Thanks Amber. Wow was Grant bald... :)

Boagie (Janice) said...

Thanks Amber for the trip down memory lane. I remember being at several of these play groups.I want to thank all the mom's that let me tag along with my daughter and grandson. Each of you are a REMARKABLE MOMMY and have your own unique talents at raising children. I am totaly impressed by all of you. I love to read all the blogs.

Lynn Smith said...

wow, that was just amazing. I can't believe how little they were. Too bad Jack was always crawling away from the camera, because I swear he was there!! I'll go through my old ones and post some. Looks like we're all posting nostalgic today!

Anonymous said...

Oh, those cute little baby faces... Those were the "easy" days, with just one kid, huh? What fun to look at all of these pictures.

Carrie said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...that swim class seems like a lifetime ago. I am so glad that it brought such a network of great Moms into my life!!