The morning of the race was too early, especially after a night of little sleep because of Ayden. We stayed at my mother-in-law's house and she slept very poorly (on the floor in her sleeping bag), she is not used to sleeping without a crib or pack-n-play!
I did the Kirkland Triathlon which was a half mile swim, 12 mile bike and a 3 mile run in 2 hours 4 minutes 59 seconds.
This is in the morning when we got to the park:
Why I look so happy in this picture, I'm not sure. I was very tired!
This is my wave starting to swim. The seaweed in Lake Washington was so tall (although thankfully not too thick) that it brushed our bodies until we got out into deeper water. That was a little uncomfortable.
Since Andy was the only one with a camera on this day he didn't get me heading out on my bike but here I am finishing on my bike (in the orange). I did the bike in 59 minutes 38 seconds, under an hour, which is what I wanted. I really raced down the last part of the course so I could be sure to make it (I slowed down a little when I saw another person had fallen off her bike and had blood running down her legs. The roads were still quite wet!)
When I was almost done with the race a girl ran past me and said "You can do it 318! Come on push it! There is only a half mile left!" So I thought, she's right, let's push it, what the hell! So the last half mile (despite the terrible cramp) I ran much faster. I still finished with a slow pace but I did it!
Here we are packing up all our stuff to head home. We were quite cold at this point and just wanted a nice hot shower!
I'm glad I did all the races I did, but I'm also glad that this tri season is over and I can have a little break (Holley and I can now pass the race baton over to Andy and James). Holley and I are planning some different training this winter season to help keep ourselves motivated. It's just so hard to keep going in the cold, dark, winter months! But after stepping on the scale Monday and realizing I lost 9 pounds I have to keep this up! I'm finally starting to lose all the baby weight from Ayden and she's almost 2!
Next Sunday is the Bellingham Bay 1/2 marathon for Andy and James!



3 comments:
Amber you did phenomenal this year! Not only all the races we managed to do but getting in all the workouts WITH TWO kids! Amazing!
Congrats on your 5th race (outstanding), 9 lbs and blogging the results so soon to keep us in touch. You're an amazing young woman! Keep up the good work. Wish I could have been there to watch just one tri; and cheer you and Holley on (even though you didn't need it.) Good luck to the hubbies.
Great job, as usual! Still very proud of you! Can't believe you've done so many already! What's your favorite part of a Tri? I'm guessing it's not the running.
Post a Comment