But Tate was a little nervous before (nothing drastic), but when I dropped him off there was no problem. After he saw where his cubby was and put away his things, he was off to play. That was it, no problems, questions, crying or anything. I was so proud of him! When I came to pick him up he ran to me saying "Hi, Mommy!" and gave me a hug. He then grabbed his things and was ready to go. It was like he had been doing this for years.
Now, the other thing I was nervous about was taking Ayden to the gym by herself. Every time I go there she always has Tate and Grant to go in there with her. I wasn't really sure how she was going to react by herself. So we went in and (luckily) there weren't too many kids in there. I put her down, told her I was going to exercise and then be back to get her. She said "Ok" and took off to play. That was it. No crying, nothing.
This made the day so much more enjoyable! I didn't have to feel guilt about leaving the kids somewhere that they (thought) they didn't want to be. What a great day!
I couldn't get any good pictures of Tate today. I took about 10 and in everyone of them he is either looking away or has his eyes closed. It's sad to say but this is the best that I got:



2 comments:
I'm so glad everything went well. And did you manage not to cry? Keep us posted on his preschool adventures. I hope he continues to enjoy it everytime.
Good job Tate! Did he cry the second day? Last year, Gunner was sort of confused the first day, but no tears. He cried the second day when he remembered I would leave...I cried both days once I got outside! Of course now he just says "Bye-bye Mommy, have fun", turns his back and walks away...I am no longer relevant!
Post a Comment