This last weekend was the Farm Tour here on Whidbey. We didn't really get to go last year because of bad weather, but I was determined this year to go to as many places as I could. It didn't turn out that way, unfortunately. We ended up only going to two farms on Sunday and we ran out of time. This was because of a rather boring story of poor planning.
Luckily the first ranch we went to was the M Bar C Ranch which is designed for children. We ended up spending the most time there. They had miniature horses out for the kids and draft horses like this one (her name is Patty) that the kids could pet and groom. Patty was such a sweet horse, even though neither of my kids would touch her. She just stood there as still as can be letting me rub her cheek. I have to admit, she was a huge horse!

Then we stopped in to their small eating area and got something to eat (that poor planning again!). Here is Ayden and Andy:

They had miniature horses and a miniature donkey that were roaming around the yard but my kids wouldn't sit on them, they only sat on the wooden horses.

Being a cowboy and cowgirl:

Going on a hay ride:

One of the cutest things they had built on this ranch was a little western town (that unfortunately I didn't get a full picture of). They had a post office, barber, hotel, bank and of course the jail.


Finally, right at the end, before we were going to leave, I told Tate and Ayden that if they didn't get up on the miniature horse they wouldn't be able to again. So, amazingly, they both did. Here they both are with Annie the miniature horse:


Our next stop was Island Bliss Alpacas, where they had a ton of, well, alpacas. Not much going on besides looking at the alpacas, but the kids enjoyed them.



The other thing that made this day a little more difficult was Tate's foot injury, although he did do very well and walked more than we thought he would. I am happy to report that he seems to be getting better and will now put more and more weight on his foot. I think it's a very deep bruise, which is good because I really couldn't imagine a 3 year old in a cast!
Next year I have a much better plan and hopefully the timing, weather and family will cooperate!
4 comments:
:( I want to go too! I was so disappointed last year :( It looks like you had GREAT weather this time. I LOVE the pict of the kids as cowboy and cowgirl.
Ayden looks too cute in braids. Hope this is in her future at least once. The cowboy/girl pic was adorable.
These kids are way too cute! You're always doing something fun with them and giving them some wonderful memories. Enjoy them now because they'll be grown in a blink of an eye! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment