Yesterday I wake up to Ayden yelling, "MAMMA!, MAMMA!" I thought, wow, she really wants to get out of bed, but didn't really think anything was amiss. That is until I unzipped her sleep sack and realized that her diaper and poop was sitting at the bottom of it. Somehow her diaper had fallen off and she, of course, pooped and peed like normal. So then I had to carefully get her out and put her in the shower and hose her off. Thankfully she was in the sleep sack which caught the majority of the mess. What a great way to start the morning. Then, when we got downstairs Ayden managed to knock her entire bowl of cereal and milk onto the floor, so I had to clean that up. Did I mention that this was a school morning and we still had to pick up Grant before we took off?
Then Tate dumped all the Tinker Toys (5 MILLION pieces) and then another toy (another 5 MILLION pieces) all over the floor when we had to leave. I told him we had 4 minutes and he had to pick them up (he picked up about 4) and when I told him we had to leave or we'd be late he told me he had to go the bathroom. Now we are late and I'm in rush mode so it takes until we get to school to I realize that I have forgotten his homework folder and his snack. Nice.
That evening we have a girl's night in at my house a last time before Lynn leaves. We have such a nice evening, but my son comes home from playing at Holley's house with a hurt foot. He wakes up about 5 or 6 times last night crying because it hurt so much and this morning he refused to put any weight on his foot. (He apparently jumped off of Holley's futon and onto a train) So right before lunch I called his doctor and they told me to come in right away to see if his foot his broken. We got there and they were able to take x-rays next door (thank goodness I didn't have to drive all the way to the hospital!) and found out his foot doesn't appear to be broken although we now have to watch it all weekend (wrapped with an ace bandage, ice and doses of ibuprofen) and if it doesn't seem to be getting better we have to go in for another x-ray to check again to see if it's broken. (apparently sometimes when the fractures are small they appear better after the body starts to heal it)
Then I read Stephanie's blog entry 'Catching the Bug' and I realize I have nothing to say because her day was MUCH worse. Thanks Steph, that put everything into perspective.
Blogging Much!?!
10 years ago



4 comments:
You're right about Steph's day being worse....but yours IS a close contender. They have homework at age 3? Seriously??? I pray Tate's foot is healed by Monday. I stepped off a lader onto a toy and hurt the arch of my foot which made shooting pains up my shins everytime I walked for about 2 weeks. Poor Tate! I hope you're going to post about your girls night in. Is she really leaving already :( :( :( :( soooo sad!!!!
Ahh, the joys of parenting, right??? I was wondering about the homework folder as well. Hope Tate's foot is all right. Can you imagine having your 3 year old in a cast for weeks? That would be nightmare. Oh, and I cracked up at the "Does this taste like my bottom?" quote. What???? I say wierd stuff like that sometimes, but I just blame it on being a mom.
Hope Tate's foot gets better fast. Can't believe they have homework in preschool....times have changed since 27 years ago.
Wish Mikie could be at your house to help pick up the tinker toys and count them...he would be in seventh heaven (with his love for numbers.)
Why do these things only happen when you have somewhere to be in the morning! Homework? Now THAT is one serious preschool...they don't have that much confidence in the parents ability to remember to bring something back at ours. It took me two weeks to remember the permission slip for his pumpkin patch field trip.
Post a Comment