On Sunday we went to the Spooner Farm pumpkin patch. They have an amazing set up with fun for everyone. We had Grant with us (aka Waldo) because James was heading out of town and Holley wasn't home yet from a weekend with Heidi.
They have a barn set up with a lot of kids activities and things to see. They had this musical inspired piece that the kids 'played'.

Baby turkeys.

Cows to climb on.

Hay bale horses.


And a water pump duck race! This was such a cute idea!

The boys had fun, but it was some work to get the water out of those pumps!

Playing with the big spider and running around with Grandma.


One of the best parts of this farm is their amazing maze. Every year they have a themed maze (previous years have been Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, The Flintstones, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to name a few) and this year it was the Chronicles of Narnia. I just wanted to show you the map of the corn field. The lines are the path, everything pink is the corn. 2.1 miles of maze trail!!

To enter the maze you walked through a wardrobe filled with 'fur' coats and after you get out of the wardrobe this is what you saw:

It was unbelievable! It truly looked like it had snowed.
These are some of the props that are up throughout the maze.



Here are the kids playing on a rope bridge in the maze:
Here is the card that you have to use to collect punches to prove that you made it through the maze. (the year they did Charlie and the Chocolate Factory you got a Golden Ticket)

They always have a prize for those who finish and this year it was rock candy. We made it, but just barely and we were the last in my family (no surprise with 3 kids in tow). It took us about 2 hours! The kids were done but the idea of candy at the end helped get them to the finish.

Here the kids are with the pumpkins each one picked out.



I thought this was quite funny to see the different amount of kids on this tractor. I just kept snapping pictures so that I could hopefully get all of them together. I don't think I succeeded.







A family shot.

Had to get a shot of Waldo. I've never seen him so shy before in my life. Every time anyone in my family talked to him he clung to my leg and didn't talk. I think the only person I ever heard him answer was my cousin Stephanie.

It was a great day that ended up with dinner at Macaroni Grill. It was a long drive to and from the farm, (at least 2 hours each way!) and after we picked up Grant in the morning we made only it to town and he asked "When are we going to be at the pumpkin patch?" A short while later the same question, then shortly after that, the SAME question. Then to mix it up, somewhere around Tukwila he told us "I can't wait to get to the pumpkin patch!"
"Yes you can." I said.
"No! I can't" was the reply.
"Well, if you can't wait I guess we'll never make it to the pumpkin patch" I told him.
"Oh! Well I can wait, Miss Amber"
What did my kids do you may ask? They sat. They looked out the window. Thumbs were sucked. A little chatting amongst the kids. I've never had the "are we there yet?" question. Until Sunday. James and Holley, you may have trouble if it comes to any long distance driving!
4 comments:
What a neat day! I love Ayden's cute sweater and shoes. She is adorable. Tate's dog shirt is cute also. Loved the maze, I have never been to one before, looks like alot of fun and the details were so cool. The boys sure had fun on the bridge, noticed Ayden didn't care for it. The duck/water pump was a fun idea...but I wonder how many fingers have been pinched. (I remember the wrong placement of fingers when I was little, ouch)
The musical instuments to play was also differnet.
Seems like we both had a very busy week! I cannot wait to move back to Whidbey and go to that pumpkin patch together. The corn maze was amazing! By the time we do get back we'll have boys old enough to navigate it on their own....scary! I love the duck race idea. I just had to click on the cute family picture of you guys and see the adorable details in Ayden's sweater. Where'd you find that?
Wow, that pumpkin patch kicks every pumpkin patch in Va. Beach's butt....really cool. I always love your pics too!
Oh, good job Amber!!!! Sooooo cute! I love the pink and orange color combo you went with on Ayden!
How did they make the snow? That is crazy! I want go!!!
Heidi (Grant's Aunt)
Post a Comment