Profile for amdywyman

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Patch 2

This pumpkin patch was a field trip with Tate and Grant's preschool. It was a gorgeous day, but after going to that amazing pumpkin patch already, this was just not up to the same caliber. On top of that, the kids were tired and trying to get all three kids around the pumpkin patch, pick out a pumpkin, onto the hayride and listen to the story plus take pictures was difficult to do. So, unfortunately, I only got four pictures. (I took the three kids because Holley was so sick this past week, trying to do too much, James was gone and at one point I was seriously afraid she was going to get pneumonia. That's how bad she sounded. So I told her to sleep.)

I was amazed Ayden actually let me take this picture. She was not in the mood to be put on the ground and out of my arms. I got a picture of all the kids with their pumpkin.

I had to pick out Ayden's pumpkin for her.

Grant had a hard time making a decision, wandering around the patch, looking at each pumpkin and shaking his head until he found the right one.
Tate found his pumpkin right away and that was it, he was done.


I was trying to get a shot of the kids on the hayride, but Ayden thought I was going to leave her there. I took the picture anyway, with a bunch of moms around me going 'oh, poor little girl'. She instantly stopped crying the minute I picked her up.So, instead of staying for the corn maze and ice cream we headed home for some much needed naps. Of course Grant could have stayed up no problem (I shake my head in amazement every time I think about that. My kids are such nappers!). At one point, Grant was sitting on the hay with the other kids happily listening to the story while I was holding both of my kids in my arms (each in a sort of stupor, wanting to sleep) impatiently waiting for the story to be over. They are so heavy! Made me realize just how big the kids are really getting!

2 comments:

Boagie (Janice) said...

Ayden's sweater is just adorable. Don't give it away till I have first chance at it for my granddaughter someday. Loved Tate's pumpkin shape. Kinda like a ghost.

Tracy said...

Kuddos to you...taking 3 kids on a field trip by yourself! So, now are you ready for #3??????